50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't believe I never knew until now that either this forum or this thread existed. Guess I need to open my eyes.

I will be 60 all too soon. I live in Boulder, Colorado. I am an instructor for recreational diving. Lately I have been into tech a bit more. During the first part of this year I completed both Tech 2 through UTD and Full Cave through NSS-CDS. I even got that very rare Cave Diver certification from PADI, which I bet most of you did not even know existed.

Much of my diving these days is in a sink hole on private property in New Mexico. I did just get back from some time in Florida, which is obviously where I got the cave certifications.

Age 60.
Certified since March 1970; NAUI Rescue Diver. PADI Enhanced Air in 2008.
Live in the Los Angeles area.
Dive in the Carib, mostly Turneffe Atoll and other Belizean locations.
No favorite dive shop since Honest Archie left the scene. Scuba.com, Hollywood Divers, and Sport Chalet.

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

Kansas City
Caribbean in June
Divers Equipment and Repair (DEAR)
YMCA, PADI, SSI

Certified in '79 with Padi and YMCA, worked offshore for a year with commercial dive training in Oakland CA in '80, recently re-certified with SSI for a June 2010 trip to the Caribbean.

Phoenix, AZ
AOW, Nitrox, boat, drift, others
Need to do rescue
88 dives in 4 years
Australia, Fiji, Cozumel, Playa Del Carmen & the Cenotes, and Roatan 3 times
Hogging it up while I can.

52, retired
Live in NW Ark, dive locally on our clear "highland" lakes
Just finished my OW cert a couple of weeks ago, so new to the game. Will take the advanced classes later this year, most likely.
Aqua Trek in Springdale, AR

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

59+
Reno, NV
Hawaii, Lake Tahoe, Nor Cal
Sierra Dive Center, Reno, NV
NAUI, YMCA (in '74 they didn't have all those special catagories:))

Been diving since 75
certified then under ACUC
now have ADVANCED, OW, NITROX and working on Technical
I dive in Great Lakes and mostly prefer the St. Lawrence River from Kingston Ontario to Brockville.
Try to make it to the Carribean or Mexico, Bahamas at least once a year and have for the past 18 years or so.
Most favourite dive time was Blackbeard's Liveaboard. Can't wait to get back.
I have 300+ dives in both dry and wet suit.
I am 55.

Florida is home now - NO NOT RETIRED. Hit the big 50 last year. I've always wanted to dive with Sharks, so I did. OK it was in an Aquarium, but that just prepared me for this fall in Hawaii. :D

Dive Master and Master Diver with Nitrox who lived to be 60! After trying to die of H1N1 last winter...Yahoo! First dive trip since illness was a birthday trip to Cozumel with my brother. Deep Blue is a great little dive shop.

Live in the mountains of northern New Mexico....which would be much improved if it had an ocean.

I have dived in cold murky water (China) ...and I prefer all the warm clear places..Thailand, Caribbean etc. :D

51 only started diving 2 years ago

Blenheim, New Zealand
Queen Charlotte Sound, NZ
Dive Picton, Picton, NZ
AOW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom