50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm... interesting question... especially interesting because I was thinking, while gliding slowly along the old Kowaliga bridge rubble, temp in the low 60's, vis about 8 feet, very few fish, basically nothing to look at but slime covered pilings strewn about like pick-up sticks, and mud... I was thinking... "I'm really and truly enjoying this... there must be something fundamentally wrong with me."
I shared that with Smedley after the dive. He said, "Yeah, ain't it just grand?"
So... if you're nuts like we are, yes - Lake Martin's worth a side trip. If you want clear, or warm, or lots of life, no.
:D
Rick
Rick,
Stationed at Maxwell three times and love Lake Martin - bass fishing, never dove it - any old cars, airplanes boats or buildings in there - might spice it up a bit.
Enjoy, we are looking at snow soon out here in Colorado.
BTW Love the Heinlein - are you familiar with his list of stuff humans should be able to do?

Last edited:
are you familiar with his list of stuff humans should be able to do?
"Specialization is for insects." Heinlein
:)
Rick

I'm not grumpy these days, however do seem to be having a lot of senior moments from time to time. :)

However, just found you guys and it seems that we haven't lost our sense of humor, which is great indeed.

Anyhow...

I hail from Miami, Florida.
Been diving for 25+ years.
Advanced Diver.
Mostly dive year round in Key Largo and off Southeast Florida.
Although like to take a strictly diving vacation at least once a year.
Deal mostly with Austin's dive shop in Miami.

Yes indeed your majesty...the Imperial Emperor of the Universe. :)

I feel the same way, now that the kids are out and about on their own, past college years, one married already who's made me a granpa, but have no worries.

Enjoying life and diving more and more than I ever did when I was younger.

CJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to diving; any of you older folks know anything about the Utila Aggressor? I'm thiking of a trip down there now that I'm healed and before I forget how to do that under water thingy.

61 years old. Diving since 1994. local PA quarry mostly, but also Bonaire, St John, FL, Turks Caicos. Dive solo mostly, too grumpy for others. Use various Baltimore dive shops. Have warm relatiionship with all. It does not pay to be too grumpy.

I'm a 64 year old diver. I've been diving for 18 years and have about 800 dives. I love it so much I became an instructior at age 61 and managed a couple of dive operations in Roatan and Micronesia for a short time.

Diving includes: Roatan, Utila, Bonaire, Truk Lagoon, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, Turks and Caicos, French Polynesia, Yap, Fiji, Michigan, Indiana, South Carolina, Canada and more. My favorite place is Indonesia and nothing else comes close. I love liveaboards and use them as much as possible. Unfortunately with travel now being so expensive, diving may be limited to less exotic locations. I'm really lucky that my dive buddy is my wife.

I am 73, been diving for 28 years and have 1300 dives. Reside in Minnesota. Master Scuba Diver Rating and Nitrox. Dive mostly Caribbean now but in the past have been to Galapagos, Coco Island,Yap, Palau and the Hawaiian Islands. I was a guest lecturer on dive boats for about ten years and was an avid underwater videographer. Now since retirement and rising costs I have only been diving Cozumel. Will be there next month at Hotel Cozumel. The Professor

Back to diving; any of you older folks know anything about the Utila Aggressor? I'm thiking of a trip down there now that I'm healed and before I forget how to do that under water thingy.

I did the Utila Aggressor and the Bay Islands Aggressor before that. I also spent 3 months on Utila becoming an instructor and another 4 months in Roatan. I did the Utila Aggressor just before leaving Utila after my instructor training. Diving was great and the crew was fantastic. They showed us things even in Utila I had not seen in 3 months. Food was great too. I highly recommend this boat especially considering the price. If weather cooperates you get to dive a lot of places that land operations never see. I've been on several Aggressor boats and this one is as good as any and a lot closer than most. Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom