50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be 52 in May this year. LDS is NADCO in Greensboro NC. Mostly quarry dives so far. I went on a Florida trip at the first of the year and did the Blue Grotto, Manatee State Park, and then Crystal River. (I know where the snook hang out now) I have done the tests for Navigation, Deep Diving, and Night/Limited Vis. Doing Nitrox next., then spending the summer honing the skills so I can hit some of the wrecks we have on the coast of NC. I would like to run my own boat within the next few years, but looking into the training, certifications, business models.

56, Canadian mountains, Glacier Nat'l Park, MT, local lakes, West Coast - World class cold water diving, love Cozumel also.

51 yrs old, diving 4 yrs, 101 dives. Wish I'd started a lot sooner.

65 this year, diving 15 years, about 300 dives in mostly warm water vacation destinations, occasionally So Cal "cold" water.
SOCAL *is* cold! No need for those quote marks :)
Rick

SOCAL *is* cold! No need for those quote marks :)

Pfft.... Well, cool, anyway... ;-)

I'm 59, diving 41 years, 5100 dives approx.

I live west of Toronto, and have a second place in Tobermory where we spend much of the summer. Most diving there that we enjoy is in the 110' - 180' range, 38° - 39°F below 70', year round. Twins and drysuits are mandatory to dive safely and reasonably comfortably.

In recent years, I've been logging about 100 - 110 dives annually... Great Lakes, west coast, Caribbean.

I'm a retired Instructor Trainer level certification as well as some modest tech certs.

I have no plans to reduce diving, and in fact I'm feeling "pressured" to dive more, and in more places... to the point where I'm pondering selling my place in Tobermory to free up time and money to travel more.

I should add that this "pressure" comes from nobody but me... "So much water, so little time..." is taking on some urgency.

I hope you report out on Athens. I did not see a lot online

---------- Post added March 6th, 2015 at 03:10 PM ----------

50+ both of us. OW cert and we dive mostly at resorts in the Caribbean. I am from Mass and i doubt i will ever dive here - no visibility and too darn cold
I am also looking at dive sites in FL - there are some caves i hear are good and some decent dives down by West Palm. all TBD
i have no dive shop - my only personal gear is a wetsuit and a mask with prescription lenses.

peter , durban south africa, 67 plus, dive every week, open cicuit and rebreather, usually buy on internet, dive on Aliwal shoal, south coast, and Sodwana Bay , cert; MSD

60 in 2 months
Chicago
Lake Michigan, Haigh Quarry, Caribbean; During last 6 years, Maldives, Philippines, Socorro; next year: Cocos Island and Indonesia
Dive shops: Scuba Sensations and Elmer's Watersports (teach with both)
Diving 13 years, Instructor MSDT
Spouse 62, diving 13 years and loves dive travel

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom