(8/19/2004) Think Someone is trying to scam my girlfriend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara:
It doesn't matter where his diver certification is from. Many long time divers and explorers never had any (or very little formal training. As an example, I don't think Sheck Exley ever took a cave or trimix class. There weren't any when he started doing those things. It's more than possible for some one who been doing all sorts of diving for 20+ years to just have a single certification at most.
So very true.

How many of the old timers have taken classes like Night Diving, Navigation, Boat Diving, Equipment, DPV, S&R, Wreck or any number of other courses.

Most were included in Basic OW in years past. Most of the ones that were missed were covered in Advanced OW. The next step was mixed gas.

So what is a long time diver supposed to do. Take these courses just to get the card and please someone who has one?

Someone has had to do something for the first time if it has never been done before. That person will teach someone else and so on. That process will go on until someone realizes that nobody knows what they’re doing and creates a certification for it. Then the people that discovered and perfected the process don’t know anything because they aren’t certified to do it.

Not the best process.

Gary D.

Did you guys see the picture of his wife?

Did you see the picture of him?

What's going on?!

jonnythan:
Did you guys see the picture of his wife?

Did you see the picture of him?

What's going on?!

I didn't see the pictures - but either way -- be nice!! Maybe he has lots of money or other assets! (-;

Kimber

Two points:

1. Always listen to your gut, but don't jump to conclusions.

2. You wouldn't let your girlfriend go anyways. As I would not with my wife.

3. check the dates on threads before resurrecting them :wink:

I know and dealt with Mr. Norman Scott. He is as shady as an Oak Hammock.

kman458:
interesting reading. found this more so .

Client List

Bahamian Government
Colombian Government
Cuban Government
Ecuadorian Government
German Government
Jamaican Government
Mexican Government
Russian Government

he says that the cuban government is one of his clients, but i thought that it was illegal for any us citizen to have any dealings with cuba. i know that it is illegal to travel there.

The treaty is clear in this matter there is to be no dealings with Cuba profit or nonprofit, in any way. It is a complete embargo.

AquaHump:
The treaty is clear in this matter there is to be no dealings with Cuba profit or nonprofit, in any way. It is a complete embargo.

Norman Scott has been in this business a lot longer than the US embargo has been in force.

Norman Scott is an old name in the business and he just may be planning to do some work in Austria.

However, you must look at it all in perspective. A cute waitress, an old dude with a few drinks on board.

His offer to let your girlfriend dive on one of his expeditions is just a tired old pick-up line that an experienced waitress should know how to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom