85m air dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unlike you, I appear able to do the ascent without relying one someone else

Unlike me? You're the one talking about using one upline per team, handing reels around, watching each other do gas switches, using each other as references - not me

Since you like "just sayin" so much, how about "just sayin" why handing off the reel is better than clipping it to the stage in your opinion - or would that be too much to ask?

Normoxic refers to to the content of O2. Yes, they both contain the same 3 gases, but normoxic have a depth limit. For me, this is the difference between normoxic and trimix, that is how I distinguish between the 2.[/B]

The fact that just about no-one uses the same definition doesn't deter you?

Secondly, I am not trimix certified, but normoxic (normocix trimix, before you have fit again). Something is seriously wrong if other non-trimix members understand what I tried to rely, but a commercial diver does not.[/B]

I can work out your meaning; it's just that you seem to be a bit dim when it come to understanding the etymology of "trimix".

On a tangent, I've never used even Nitrox as a Commercial Diver

Keep going, son, you're special!!!!

Oh, I am, I am. Just not the window-licking type of special.

Do you guys reckon you could conduct your trimix argument somewhere else? This is the thread for bashing me about deep air, bungeed redundant wings, trolling and other related foolishness. Thanks

Fair enough, I'm getting bored of it myself. Incidentally, I've been to 65m on Verde myself looking for the mythical Galleon anchor that resides somewhere down there. Oh, and I did it on air, too.

And no trolling here; 65m was hard work, and I built up to it as well. I suspect 85m would be beyond me.

I've been to 65m on Verde myself looking for the mythical Galleon anchor that resides somewhere down there

I don't know of that one - just the one near Canyons - but it wouldn't surprise me at all that there was one on Verde pinnacle as well

I don't know of that one - just the one near Canyons - but it wouldn't surprise me at all that there was one on Verde pinnacle as well

Apparently so, a mate of mine first saw it back in 2001 / 2002 diving with John Bennett at around 70m when they were building-up for John's world record attempt.

A couple of trimix divers came back with a photo of it in 2008, but could not re-locate it as they had done a blue water descent without line and - as you know - the currents there are screwed-up to say the least.

Funny thing about it is that where you'd expect to see a cross-piece on the anchor for tying-off the anchor line, there's just a hole. According to another friend, they used to wedge timber through the hole, as casting an entire anchor was too difficult until the technology improved.

If that's true, then it's older than the one on Canyons. If it's not, then I've been sold a pretty good line.

Cool. Some of my friends were involved in John's record attempts too. Unfortunately I never got to meet him

I'll have to keep an eye out for that anchor now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom