90 years old female diver. World record?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freediving in the 1930s

Id want to meet her and give her a hug but shed probably punch me in the eyeball lol. Seriously id love to meet her and listen to stories as with other people mentioned in this thread.

I love listening to people living a long life. No matter what they did they have stories I want to hear

My 96 year old mom never ceases to amaze me. I walked into her house this morning and immediately questioned the brand new surfboard sitting behind her couch in the living room. Her response? "Oh, I got that yesterday. Need to find a good place to keep it. Waves are kinda sluggish today."

LcUrw4.jpg

My 96 year old mom never ceases to amaze me. I walked into her house this morning and immediately questioned the brand new surfboard sitting behind her couch in the living room. Her response? "Oh, I got that yesterday. Need to find a good place to keep it. Waves are kinda sluggish today."

View attachment 515637

Oh my god she looks amazing, and lol her reply to you was priceless. The board looks gorgeous too.

The following link is an active BSAC member who was still diving in 2018 at the age of 95 - World’s oldest scuba diver’s celebrations

He looks so healthy at 95 he looks 20 years younger. Exercise and staying in shape pays dividends in health and happiness. A lesson in life ive thought long and hard on from my 30s through now late 40s. My goal is to always stay trim till my last day.

My late husband was a fantastic instructor. For several years, he was the Water Sports Activity Director at Hotel Paradiso here in San Carlos, Mexico. One day he walked down the beach and there was an elderly man standing there just looking out at the water. Russ struck up a conversation with the man who said he always wanted to learn to scuba dive. It was his 80th birthday that day. Russ said he asked him, are you breathing (yes), are you vertical (yes), so let's go diving. He took him out for a Discover Scuba adventure and the gentleman was just thrilled. Did really well, too!

Oh my god she looks amazing, and lol her reply to you was priceless. The board looks gorgeous too.

She is amazing! Her brother (my uncle) was the late Hobie Alter. He taught me to surf and sail and I certified him as a scuba diver. The surfboard is one of 50 memorial Hobie boards shaped for the occasion of the unveiling of the new Hobie memorial in Dana Point, California. It is a Phil Edwards designed balsawood board with redwood stringers. I also certified Phil and my mom had him sign the board. M

PooW4w.jpg

What a great tribute to a unequalled pioneer of SoCal as well as the entire world of surfing.

That surf board is a family heir loom- to be passed from one generation to the next
(will you adopt me into your family so I could get in line fir the board ? )

Sam Miller, 111

.will you adopt me into your family so I could get in line for the board ?

Sam Miller, 111

Sam, you are already a part of the family. Mom asks about you all the time. M

View attachment 515637
She looks wonderful. Amazing.

She is amazing! Her brother (my uncle) was the late Hobie Alter. He taught me to surf and sail and I certified him as a scuba diver. The surfboard is one of 50 memorial Hobie boards shaped for the occasion of the unveiling of the new Hobie memorial in Dana Point, California. It is a Phil Edwards designed balsawood board with redwood stringers. I also certified Phil and my mom had him sign the board. M

View attachment 515648
“The” Hobie???
Wow! Are you kidding me!!!
Your uncle.
Hobie is legendary!

“The” Hobie???
Wow! Are you kidding me!!!
Your uncle.
Hobie is legendary!

Yes - "THE" - He taught me lots about life, scotch, beer, women and the sea. We had some fantastic dives, sailed some amazing days long past sunset, and surfed some awsome waves together. We also had some fantastic times in dive bars from Honolulu to Florida to Puget Sound. One memorable morning/afternoon/evening drinking at the Outrigger Canoe Club down by Diamond Head comes to mind. Depending on your perspective he was either the worst role model on the planet or the absolute best. M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom