90 years old female diver. World record?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes - "THE" - He taught me lots about life, scotch, beer, women and the sea. We had some fantastic dives, sailed some amazing days long past sunset, and surfed some awsome waves together. We also had some fantastic times in dive bars from Honolulu to Florida to Puget Sound. One memorable morning/afternoon/evening drinking at the Outrigger Canoe Club down by Diamond Head comes to mind. Depending on your perspective he was either the worst role model on the planet or the absolute best. M
That is just plain awesome!

@Eric Sedletzky
"That is just plain awesome !"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FYI
@Scuba Lawyer is just plain awesome !
and his family is just plain awesome !

He is from a very water orientated family and grew up on the beach in the pioneer
geographical center of recreational diving Laguna Beach with his father and now famous uncle who were also divers and his mentors from a very young age

I have been associated with Scuba Lawyer for almost 50 incredible years and as would be expected I have many .recollections, But the one that will remain imbedded in my subconscious forever is the picture that was flashed on the big screen a number of years ago for all to see when he as honored at DEMA with his SSI Pro 5000 award. It was a picture of him as a 5 year old with a make believe tank on his back..--- In his mind he was a diver !

Less that a month ago He made a presentation on Sea Hunt Forever at the SLO S&R DivCon. After the event he, my son who is also a PADI instructor, a NAUI Life instructor, SSI Pro 5000 as well as a ER & Hyperbaric Doc and I went to a local sea food restaurant for diner-- There were three generations of divers who told dive stories until the establishment closed - A very pleasant evening that will be forever etched in my memory

So yes Scuba Lawyer is Awesome !

A credit to diving for 50 years and certanly a credit to this board

Sam Miller.III

I have been associated with Scuba Lawyer for almost 50 incredible years and as would be expected I have many recollections, But the one that will remain imbedded in my subconscious forever is the picture that was flashed on the big screen a number of years ago for all to see when he as honored at DEMA with his SSI Pro 5000 award. It was a picture of him as a 5 year old with a make believe tank on his back..--- In his mind he was a diver !

Sam Miller.III

Sam, you are too kind (p.s. the PR check in the usual sum is in the mail :)). Here is that pic you were talking about. I am 4 years old and properly geared up to watch Sea Hunt (isn't that what everyone did?). Mark

hyZ0x5.jpg

Sam, you are too kind (p.s. the PR check in the usual sum is in the mail :)). Here is that pic you were talking about. I am 4 years old and properly geared up to watch Sea Hunt (isn't that what everyone did?). Mark

View attachment 515786
That is just great!
Nobody can tell me that Sea Hunt didn’t have an impact on every kid that watched that show.
We debate this all the time here on SB about “What happened to diving?”. My answer is that there is no current day Sea Hunt role model to inspire children, or anybody for that matter, and to plant the seed that diving is cool and a way if life. Not that diving is dying per say but it is not growing either in relation to the population increase.

hyz0x5-jpg.515786.jpg

That is THE PICTURE !

And what a impact it made on the assembled members of the Pro 5000 community and especially me who had been a friend and one who had the honor and privilege to have guided you in the early stages of your diving career.

It was such a classic photograph that represented the origins of a true committed diver who was so deserving of the award

And you Sam IV and I are still involved after all theses many years that have passed and will be involved those many years into the future.

Sam III

This is the type of thing that inspires me and the feeling it creates is what I hang onto. Even though I’m a few generations later than the beginning of diving, my true inspiration comes from the pioneer stories that I’ve heard about and read. I have difficulty finding inspiration sometimes with modern diving ideals. Diving has become so politicized in the last few decades. It makes it a chore to wade through all the mental clutter to maintain the vision of why I dive and what originally inspired me to do so.
These types of threads are exactly the mental nutrition I need.

Wow... this thread is phenomenal! I hope some of these folks show up at the scuba show in Long Beach next month.

It is a band of brothers which few qualified for membership and is now declining in numbers at a rapid rate,
Soon, all to soon, they will all be gone.
Corporate diving will prevail in the diving community
sdm
“Corporate Diver”
What perfect description!
Do you mind if I use that?

Wow... this thread is phenomenal! I hope some of these folks show up at the scuba show in Long Beach next month.

I usually get by the Long Beach Scuba Show on Sunday morning. I'll be wearing my SEA HUNT FOREVER blue fishing shirt so anyone feel free to stop me and say hi. Love to talk to folks about all things diving. Mark

Back
Top Bottom