A Little help with wing selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Old_School

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am 5'9" 192 lbs built like a fire hydrant. I have been diving a Jacket BC but I am planning to switch to a Transpac. I usually dive in colder water in a 7 mil with an Al 80 single tank with 12lbs. I need advice on a wing for diving the Al80 with the Transpac and the 7mil wetsuit. Any suggestions on configuration would be appreciated.:D

The Travel wing is plenty for most single tank divers. I chose the Venture wings for the extra 15-lbs of lift for just in case I have to float somebody.

June 6-7th Dive Rite Tech Tour will be at Gilboa, you can try out their different wings. I'm going to try to make it again this year.

I am 5'9" 192 lbs built like a fire hydrant. I have been diving a Jacket BC but I am planning to switch to a Transpac. I usually dive in colder water in a 7 mil with an Al 80 single tank with 12lbs. I need advice on a wing for diving the Al80 with the Transpac and the 7mil wetsuit. Any suggestions on configuration would be appreciated.:D

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. We agree with our fellow divers who have already posted. A Travel 360 (or Travel EXP) will be great for your configuration.

Best,
Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom