A Minor (TRUE) Horror Story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pam once bubbled...
Haven't been on here in quite sometime, but someone had mentioned an Oceanic computer in a story,, i have one, r they subpar?
No... just more "liberal" than Suunto and some others.

hargettdds once bubbled...
. . . I have laid my story on the line and gotten smashed because of it. I believe some people have what it takes to stand and receive what others have to say and learn from it. Others should just keep their mouth shut and cuss to themselvs.
Actually it was not Bren (the thread starter) who suffered DCI. He dropped his mate in the proverbial.

I am sure they are on speaking terms again.:D

. . . and many others have learned from it.:)

what did we learn here - hmmmm?

did we learn that we should be familiar with our gear?
did we learn that we should be mindful of our depth and time?
did we learn that one should be able to figure these things out without a computer?
did we learn that we should plan a dive BEFORE we jump into the water?
did we learn that strenous exercise immediately after a dive is not a good thing?
did we learn that hitting the local pub and tossing back pints for 2 hours is not a good thing to do?
how about the dehydration that results as the alcohol pulls water from our cells?
did we learn anything about going to altitude immediately after a dive?
did we learn that doing 1 or 2 of these things is not a good idea, and that doing all of them is just plain stupid?
did we learn that generally people pick up at least 1 or 2 things from their basic OW class?
did we learn that having been bent before one should be at least a little attentive, or maybe, just maybe, they would have learned something from THAT episode?

this guy is a walking disaster. What I personally learned was who to stay away from if I ever dive in Scotland

What did we learn today?

I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And gosh darnit,

People like me!:D

"A failiure is only a failure if you do NOT learn from it"

MFarrar

Thankyou for having the courage to share your experience with us so that others may learn from your mistake. Others should learn that shooting flames do not help anyone. You have obviously learned something and thanks to your candid post, others my avoid similar problems.

O.K. True, the person who performed these acts was not the post originator. True, we all learn from others mistakes as well as victories. But in my oppinion, as a diving community, we have or at least should have, an ethical obligation to point out bad thinking which could and most often times does lead to injury and or death. I mean most all of this stuff is basic.

Some people werent cut out for military service either because they are too sensitive. None of it is personal. I dont know this fella. He is probably a great guy. But he is not using sound judgement during and after diving. Not all harsh remarks should be just dismissed as flamming. It was quite obvious to me that their was quite a bit of deffensivenes in his actual posts. To me that sounds like, sensitivity w/o absoption of what is being said.

Yes thanks soooo much for the post, but it is not about you, just your actions.

Learn and live or dont and die. what ever!

madmole once bubbled...
Definately a duff diver. NO computer on the market would have allowed these dives, even an Oceanic!!!!!!!

Whats the deal with the Oceanic computers they work off of noaa tables. Is there somthing wrong with them? Little help here I have used one and not had any problems is there somthing that I should know?

I think they were just stating that because Oceanic tends to be a more liberal computer as opposed to Suunto and Uwatecs, not because there's a problem with Oceanics stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom