A thousand good reasons to go diving in Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam Roi Yot... we went there one time to visit the Tham Phraya Nakhon cave which is a bit of a pilgramage for many Thais. Was not expecting such a hard hike up the mountain! My wife has some family in that area around Prachuap Khiri Khan, we've been a few times.

Not in Phuket - Prachuap Khiri Khan | Jamie's Phuket Blog

Looks like (almost) HI season in Phuket | Phuket Weather Blog - photo on this page of the Phraya Nakhon cave.

I think a very important factor in Thailand being so popular for diving is that there is a heck of a lot more to do here than just dive!

Reason 276 : Phuket Vegetarian Festival

Not for everyone, but it's my favourite time of year in Phuket.

Some photos from last year:

Early Morning at Kathu Shrine | Jamie's Phuket Blog

Bang Neow Shrine - Street Procession in Phuket Town | Jamie's Phuket Blog

Collection: Phuket Vegetarian Festival 2010

2011 Festival starts September 27th. Unfortunately that does not coincide with the best time of year to dive. Weather can be a bit iffy, as it was last year for the festival. But anyone who wants to experience something different should be here!

Reason 278: Hin Ngam Beach in Satun Province.

Attachments

• Hin Ngam Beach, Satun.jpg
    Hin Ngam Beach, Satun.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 51
Reason 280: The Phuket Sea Shell Museum.

Opening Hours: Daily from 08:00 – 18:00
Location: 12/2 Moo 2, Viset Rd, Rawai, Drive from Chalong Circle all the way to Rawai, it will be on your right hand side
Entry Fee: 200 baht for adults; 100 baht for children

Reason 281: Ban's Diving Resort in Koh Tao.

(Ban’s was the worldwide leader for PADI certifications with 10,000 students certified at all levels)

Reason 282: Wild elephants in Khao Yai National Park

IMG_1421.jpg

Nice tusks, eh?

Reason 283: Dugongs

While struggling to survive, dugongs/sea cows are still found in Thai waters. In the area of Koh Libong, there are about 70 individuals. I tried diving to find some there once, but they are shy, the vis is poor, and I guess they could hear me coming long before I ever could spot one underwater. Still, it's nice to know that there are some around and that efforts are being made to protect them and their habitats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom