Actual Experience with Shearwater AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Not another thread of Shearwater AI or not. Look at the other thread which as of this writing has 49 pages. A healthy discussion is excellent; irrational argumentative posts are not useful to anyone and no one wins.

For those who have one, can you report here and let the rest of know how the experience has been. This should provide real life information rather than conjecture.

Thanks.

Last edited:
In the simplest terms the new Shearwater Perdix AI functions exactly like the non-AI with the added function of being able to monitor your gas consumption with up to two separate transmitters.

Disclaimer: This video contains no product information it is posted only for the purpose of showing the AI feature.

31295749061_14c04135b1_z_d.jpg

In this picture you can see the Perdix AI monitoring two separate tanks using two transmitters.

Last edited:
I got mine last Friday as i was leaving the dock and didnt have time to pair it up with an oceanic transmitter. I did that when i got home and it took about 3 minutes to do. I will dive with it wed night and will have more feedback then. So far I am very happy with it but I don't have enough dives on it yet.

November 14, 2016 – Shearwater Research Inc. is proud to introduce the newest addition to the Shearwater family: The Perdix AI.

How many are out there 22 days later?

I will be taking mine for a week on a Blackbeard's cruise beginning this Saturday. Already updated the firmware and software. No different process than with the original Perdix.

Can someone also please put some clarify into the calculations for consumption. From what I have initially seen, it is only based on one transmitter/tank, and not switching to the "active" one.... I may be completely off base, but I stopped reading the other thread(s) due to excessive useless banter.

Can someone also please put some clarify into the calculations for consumption. From what I have initially seen, it is only based on one transmitter/tank, and not switching to the "active" one.... I may be completely off base, but I stopped reading the other thread(s) due to excessive useless banter.

From the manual Page 10 (which is now available on the Shearwater website):

GTR can only be based on one tank. The Surface Air Consumption (SAC) measurements are also based on the tank selected for GTR calculations.

Perdix AI Downloads - Shearwater Research

I will be taking mine for a week on a Blackbeard's cruise beginning this Saturday. Already updated the firmware and software. No different process than with the original Perdix.
Thank you Katch. Looking forward to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom