Actual Experience with Shearwater AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you see update Shearwater Desktop to version 3.0.8? You need that latest version to support the AI functions of the Perdix AI.

Ahh.. Thank you! Now I see I can mouse-over the Tank 1 Pressure line and get that info. I guess Diving Log will need an update to import that info..

Ahh.. Thank you! Now I see I can mouse-over the Tank 1 Pressure line and get that info. I guess Diving Log will need an update to import that info..
I just asked them about it on their support forum.

More Mobile Software • View topic - Perdix AI support

I like Diving Log 6.0 - very easy to use and the Dive transfer from the Shearwaters via Bluetooth right to your phone phone is fast and easy! Hopefully they update it.

The Shearwater Cloud looks interesting and will definitely support AI data when it is introduced - however, the beta has some bugs at present that are preventing me from uploading any dives.

Thanks for the link. I chimed in as well.. Hopefully they will be quick on a minor upgrade like this..

I didn't make it before the beta was closed but I'm looking forward to checking it out.

From the manual Page 10 (which is now available on the Shearwater website):

GTR can only be based on one tank. The Surface Air Consumption (SAC) measurements are also based on the tank selected for GTR calculations.

Perdix AI Downloads - Shearwater Research

Looks like tank switching notifications and 2x GTR calc might be on their roadmap for a future firmware release (SW FAQ):

Does the Perdix AI support sidemount configuration?
The Perdix AI does support two transmitters used on tanks in a sidemount configuration, however, gas time remaining (GTR) calculations are only supported for one selected transmitter (diver’s choice). Tank switching notifications are not supported in the initial firmware release.

Any logging differences between transmitters 1 and 2 on the current firmware? It's the enhanced data capture that's got me interested... any feedback here would be greatly appreciated.

Last minor irritating issue - I dive inlets and I had to surface for less than 2 mins to relocate my buddies. It was a quick surface and back down again - the Perdix split the dive in 2 dives. It does not appear as though I can merge them. Minor but I don't want my dive count going up just because I surface for less than 2 mins due to the viz.
Oh well.

This may be more than you want to deal with but another option would be to use a different dive log program where you can edit the dives.
I had the same problem with my other computer logs until I started using Diving Log (6.0, now) and I manually went in and combined the shorter dives by added time to the deeper dive of the group and then deleting the rest.

Last minor irritating issue - I dive inlets and I had to surface for less than 2 mins to relocate my buddies. It was a quick surface and back down again - the Perdix split the dive in 2 dives. It does not appear as though I can merge them. Minor but I don't want my dive count going up just because I surface for less than 2 mins due to the viz.
Oh well.
My Petrel has a setting for how long at the surface it takes to end a dive. I'd guess the Perdix has it too.

My Petrel has a setting for how long at the surface it takes to end a dive. I'd guess the Perdix has it too.

Thank you - called End Dive.

Subsurface will let you pick those dives and merge into one dive, keeping all the profile and gas data from both.

Thanks - I need to look that up. I have not had time yet. But good to know.
I have finally figured out how to load my previous dives (Oceanic DC) and how to get it on the cloud aka my phone app. Now I am starting to like this app a whole lot better... :)

Back
Top Bottom