Add SPG to Divesoft Trimix analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

or, keeping in mind, you stop the flow, it bleeds off (through the meter) anyways, just slowly, but the system to bleed off isn't that large....

upload_2018-12-3_13-56-45.png

Right. Understood that. I wasn't sure, in the original parts list that you posted, if there was a bleed.

I want a bleeder because when I tried it today, using my drysuit inflator reg, it took way too long (for what I want) for the pressure to bleed down by just coming out of the flow-limited hose. I had to wait what seemed like 2 minutes or more before the pressure was gone and I could undo the DIN reg from the cylinder.

Thanks for those new links!

August Industries has great pricing as they are not just a dive shop.....

There's not a flow limiter shown, right? The flow limiter would screw into the left end of the assembly in the picture? It looks like maybe there's a plug threaded into the hole right now?

You are correct, I split a DGX gauge with an NPT "T" and a female DIN adapter. You will need a couple male nipples to adapt the female NPT connections. I keep the ends plugged because it is clean for oxygen service.

I plug my analyzer flow limiter into the female DIN on the left of the image. I also use this for booster output, so I wouldn't want a permanently installed flow limiter.

Any parts you need can be purchased here:
Oxygen Stuff - Northeast Scuba Supply Store

Can one of you sanity check me here?

I *think* all I need is these parts:

Din Filler with Bleed and Extra Port

Deluxe Inline Flow Restrictor

Male Nipple (<-- to connect the previous 2 parts)

0-5,000 PSI Gauge Bottom Mount - S/S Case

Those 4 bits and some teflon tape and I can plug in the Divesoft hose I already have right into the inline flow restrictor and analyze away. Have I got it right? The PG will screw right into the extra port on the DIN filler and the male nipple will let me connect the DIN filler and the flow restrictor together and I'll end up with exactly what I was looking for.

@rhwestfall I don't see a DIN filler with an extra port (like the link I posted above for NESS) on the August website. Am I missing something? 'Cause that filler on NESS seems ideal for a nice compact setup.

@stuartv : correct, I did get my fill port adapter from NESS.... I have parts and pieces from all various sources... I will say that the NESS one is ONE HONKING BIG PART (I have it on my fill whip).

You could use a TEE, sacrificing a little length for the mass....

Don't laugh, but I printed images of all the parts and taped them to a "story board" to figure out the necessary threads and genders.... (you can get the fittings in different genders - August Industries - Pipe Fittings )

Teflon tape and Teflon pipe dope are your assembly aids.

That one in post #27 by @jvogt is nice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom