Add SPG to Divesoft Trimix analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And I am also correct about only needing that male nipple to connect that fill adapter and the flow restrictor?

And the flow restrictor is meant to take the full 3500 psi behind it and restrict it down to 2 lpm? I.e. I connect those 2 parts and that's all I need? This is all starting to seem too easy.

And I am also correct about only needing that male nipple to connect that fill adapter and the flow restrictor?

And the flow restrictor is meant to take the full 3500 psi behind it and restrict it down to 2 lpm? I.e. I connect those 2 parts and that's all I need? This is all starting to seem too easy.

upload_2018-12-3_17-0-22.png

seems so.....

Yes, fun, isn't it?

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-3_17-1-45.png
    upload_2018-12-3_17-1-45.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 91
keep in mind, it appears you are only getting this part:

upload_2018-12-3_17-5-37.png

you need to source the hose barb fitting (shown outside the red box)....

Right. I did read the part where it talks about the 3500 psi working pressure. But then it also talked about being on the low pressure side of a fill station and I am ignorant, so I was not sure what that meant. So, just trying to dot all my I's.

The comment about the flow limiter is the last question I have. For now, anyway. The hose I got with my Divesoft analyzer has a fitting on each end with O-rings. One end plugs into the small inlet hole on the analyzer. The other end plugs into the Divesoft flow limiter (the BCD nipple limiter). I'm wondering if it is the same size to plug into that Oxycheq flow limiter from NESS.

it talks about the 3500 psi working pressure. But then it also talked about being on the low pressure side of a fill station

Keep in mind, compressors can run in the 5-7k range, but you fill tanks in the 3.5k range.... what they mean is - it should be plumbed off the low side of the output regulator if putting on a fill station....

As to the Divesoft specific question, I have no help for you....

Parts ordered. Thanks for all the help!!

cool! You should post your final assembly to help others finding this thread...

I have a male inflator hose fitting I keep in the box with my (other) trimix analyzer. Connecting it to the hose and bleeding it takes seconds. They're cheap. (Sorry this is probably too late.)

I just took a look at my proflow limiter. The DIN fitting is screwed into the bleed valve. Any thoughts of unscrewing that and checking the threads? Might be as simple as putting a T-fitting (street Tee?) in there

I would like to see a regular HP port. Easy to keep plugged. Easy to add a button gauge to tell the fulls from the empties, or step up to bigger analog or digital SPG. And an SPG is always handy to have a spare of on the boat, part of a save a dive kit that could play double duty on the analyzer. Nothing like stripping parts off the analyzer to save a dive.

I have just been reading Divesoft documentation. I see that their Pro Flow Limiter has a plug on the side opposite the bleed screw. And they offer a pressure transducer attachment that replaces that plug and then connects to the digital port on the end of the analyzer.

So, my new question is, what is the threading on that plug? If it's 1/4 NPT, then it seems like I could use the Pro Flow Limiter, remove the plug, and just screw a normal PG in there.

Anybody know what that threading is?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom