Affordable dive watch, easy to read? Vintage a plus!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquacat8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If you were just going to dive tables and a watch for recreational depths, which watch would you use? I can't read my timex digital watch underwater anymore, and I just saw a cheap analog looking Casio with a rotating bezel and I thought that might work, but the bezel didn't "click" into position and I thought it might get knocked out of position. I know you guys know how to do it old school... any recommendations?

That is really nice looking!

I use this one and it's easy to read.
Citizen Aqualand

JP1060-01E_LRG.jpg

These watches cost as much or more than a computer ..get a computer

Yes, I noticed that... there is a coolness factor though

I have a really old AI computer, can't afford the new one I want, was thinking of adding a watch and SPG as simple back up, and I'm intrigued by the idea of diving vintage sometime too :)

If you were just going to dive tables and a watch for recreational depths, which watch would you use? I can't read my timex digital watch underwater anymore, and I just saw a cheap analog looking Casio with a rotating bezel and I thought that might work, but the bezel didn't "click" into position and I thought it might get knocked out of position. I know you guys know how to do it old school... any recommendations?

What you described is going to be my next dive watch. Probably way better than the wind-up watches I used to get for about $13 from the drug store. I favor the plain ol' black and white version.

If it's Casio I have faith that the bezel won't be moving around. I've had great luck with their dive watches but I'm weary of pushing buttons when all I ever use it for is an elapsed time indicator. I recently bought the female version for my girlfriend--it matches her mask and stuff.

I forgot my G Shock when I went to Hawai'i and bought a Casio (with buttons, no bezel) at WalMart in Kahalui for about $14 and had it down over 90 feet and it works fine. My G Shock is full of useless features, except perhaps for the different time zones.

As for the "cool" factor, on a recent dive trip a couple was bragging about their cheap Casios from WalMart. I was under the impression they could afford anything they wanted.

Haha that sounds like "old money"! I once knew an old money heir who parked his beat up, nondescript reliable car all day outside an antiques & collectibles show I was at. Inside it, waiting for him was the thing that gave him away... his driver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom