Air Fills in Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum:
In planning for a busy summer of diving in the region I find myself looking beyond home base and wondering where I can get air fills.

I'm looking for any leads on Maine dive shops and air fill stations that may be of use. I hear of some air simply air stations operating out of a garage that won't turn up on a web search. Please post whatever you know. I'll compile them as part of this thread and also make them accessible from my website. If you have phone numbers or web addresses that's great but I'll work with any leads. I'm guessing that the state has fewer than a dozen dive shops so I'm hoping for a few hidden Jewels.

Thanks,
Pete

In the Lubec/Eastport area the only air fill station available is on South Lubec Road in Lubec on the way to West Quoddy Head. There is a large dive flag at the end of the driveway indicating the shop in Lubec. The shop has some equipment available too but no rental gear. Neal Fitzsimmons operates the shop and caters mostly to the urchin divers in season and the salmon cage divers. He is generally there, just pull up to the garage/shop and Neal will come out from his house to take care of you. A fill is currently $6. His phone number is (207) 733-8831. I just got back from three weeks of diving the area and will return Labor Day weekend.

I don't know what that shop you have listed in Perry is. It might be that shop that closed years ago just after the turn to Eastport.

I have just emailed Downeast diving for a status check. I have just noticed that in fine print the site says the shop is closed for renovation. The web page may very well be a ghost like York Beach Scuba.

I will be adding Neil to the listing.

Thanks for the input.

Pete

poe67:
Hey Rainer... Hamilton Marine in Southwest Harbor. It is about 15 - 20 minutes from Downtown Bar Harbor.

That's who we used. Very friendly shop and excellent fills (both HP and LP). Was probably a 25-30 minute drive for us from the Blackwoods Campground. Will try to post a report soon. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

spectrum:
I have just emailed Downeast diving for a status check. I have just noticed that in fine print the site says the shop is closed for renovation. The web page may very well be a ghost like York Beach Scuba.

I will be adding Neil to the listing.

Thanks for the input.

Pete

I have not heard back from Downeast diving. The website appears to be a ghost.

I did hear back from Down East Diving. They are still in remodel mode and not open full time. It is an ongoing business that will serve divers.

So does anyone know any other air sources in Maine beyond the eleven I list?

Pete

Let's dust off this old topic about air fills in Maine.

If you know of any providers beyond this list please let me know so I can help other divers make the connection.

Pete

How about south of Portland? Or seacoast NH?

If you have a blank area on the map, go back 40 years in time and start calling the Fire Departments. Ask where you can get a fill, and you might find out they will say right here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom