Air Integrated Wrist Computers in the US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is great, @scubadada, thanks for compiling this. One more computer for your list -- Oceanic VTX. It has color screen, AI, runs DSAT/PZ+, and is comparable in price to the other Oceanic DC's.
The VTX is no longer in production, but it is on the Oceanic service list
1693353512763.png

Is it not confirmed that any computer that can read an MH8A transmitter can also read a Swift?

Don't we know that an old, original Perdix AI, even with original firmware, can read a Swift? Wouldn't that implicitly mean any computer that can read a PPS MH8A transmitter can also read a Swift?

Or was there a firmware update for the Perdix AI that is required before it can read a Swift?

If I had a Swift and a non-Shearwater, AI-capable computer, I would try it for myself.

But, I don't have either one... LOL!

Hi @stuartv

I also think that any AI computer that can use a PPS MH8A could also use a Swift. The Swift did not come out until July of 2021, older Perdix AIs and Terics that used MH8A were able to use Swifts.

I only own MH8As and run an old Oceanic VT3 and a Teric off one. I'm sure there are folks out there that run computers other than Shearwaters off a Swift that can confirm the compatibility.

Did I confuse you with my spreadsheet where I listed Swift only with Shearwater? I could fix that next iteration assuming the full compatibility is confirmed

Hi @stuartv

I also think that any AI computer that can use a PPS MH8A could also use a Swift. The Swift did not come out until July of 2021, older Perdix AIs and Terics that used MH8A were able to use Swifts.

I only own MH8As and run an old Oceanic VT3 and a Teric off one. I'm sure there are folks out there that run computers other than Shearwaters off a Swift that can confirm the compatibility.

Did I confuse you with my spreadsheet where I listed Swift only with Shearwater? I could fix that next iteration assuming the full compatibility is confirmed

I wasn't confused, per se. I'm just suggesting that where it shows some as MH8A and some as MH8A/Swift does not seem entirely accurate. I *think* they should all say MH8A/Swift, to be accurate and complete.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom