Air Integrated Wrist Computers in the US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shearwater manual seems to confirm, but doesn’t guarantee that the Swift will work fine with Oceanic, Aqualung, etc.

1700604429306.png

Theoretically, it may be possible for a dive computer manufacturer to restrict to a certain branded MH8A or Swift transmitter, but I don’t see it as likely. As the devices aren’t connected to the internet, it would need to be done by a firmware update, and would probably require the manufacturer to have a list or block of serial numbers that were allocated to their brand. As the prefix is ignored during “pairing”, I don’t think this is likely. It would also likely do nothing but anger their customer base if an Oceanic branded transmitter suddenly stopped working after a firmware update.

I wasn't confused, per se. I'm just suggesting that where it shows some as MH8A and some as MH8A/Swift does not seem entirely accurate. I *think* they should all say MH8A/Swift, to be accurate and complete.
Will do, next revision, perhaps when there is another new AI computer. That's what the transmitter compatibility thread shows.:
We have quite a few choices these days. At least I have a replacement now if my VT3 dies, a Tern TX. I have enough MH8A transmitters to last quite a while.

@BoltSnap, thanks for the correction. I will correct this in the next version. There's always something, glad you paid such careful attenttion.

I did my good deed for the month, I made a "No" change into a "Yes"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to celebrate!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom