Airport to PG car/bangka service suggestions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks more like I'll be going to PG for the holidays. Does any know of a private car service and private bangka that would get me from Manila Airport to Sabang (round trip) for cheaper than what the PG resorts usually charge for private transfers?

thanks

pakman:
Looks more like I'll be going to PG for the holidays. Does any know of a private car service and private bangka that would get me from Manila Airport to Sabang (round trip) for cheaper than what the PG resorts usually charge for private transfers?

thanks

You can use public transport for about $5 one way (bus to Batangas Harbor (for public ferries) and ferry from there to Puerto Galera/Big Lalaguna). I haven't used the bus (I drive), but the public ferry is just as good as the private ferry as long as you can make it to Batangas in the morning or early afternoon - they go once every hour iirc.

thanks floater, I should have clarified. I'll be getting in at nite 6 or 8pm, so public transportation isnt an option and I'd rather head straight out to PG that nite (so I can get a full day of diving in the next day) instead of laying over in manila. I was hoping one of the locals might know some drivers who can do the trip and maybe also some private bangkas that run at nite who won't charge a premium like the resorts ask for when they book it for you. Unless, what is the earliest the ferries run in the morning. But then adding the hotel cost in Manila, might not save that much.

In your situation I'd probably take a bus to Batangas if they run that late, spend a night at a cheap motel over there, and then hob onto to the first public ferry the next morning. I doubt any ferries will run at night, and if they do you probably have to pay a lot of extra. But perhaps the locals can provide a better answer...

pakman:
thanks floater, I should have clarified. I'll be getting in at nite 6 or 8pm, so public transportation isnt an option and I'd rather head straight out to PG that nite (so I can get a full day of diving in the next day) instead of laying over in manila. I was hoping one of the locals might know some drivers who can do the trip and maybe also some private bangkas that run at nite who won't charge a premium like the resorts ask for when they book it for you. Unless, what is the earliest the ferries run in the morning. But then adding the hotel cost in Manila, might not save that much.
pm paolov, he knows who you can contact for the transfer.

mine is not what you call cheap. but it is reliable/safe service.

so it has it's price.

paolov:
mine is not what you call cheap. but it is reliable/safe service.

so it has it's price.

but cheaper than what say Asia Divers or the other resorts charge for their private transfer service?:05: which basically is about US$200 r/t for van/bangka. Since I'm traveling solo, its a bit of hit on the wallet...

pakman:
but cheaper than what say Asia Divers or the other resorts charge for their private transfer service?:05: which basically is about US$200 r/t for van/bangka. Since I'm traveling solo, its a bit of hit on the wallet...

hmmmm roughly $45 to $50 roundtrip from airport to Lemery, Batangas Van service.

hmm... now how about a nite bangka service or are the resort bangkas the only ones that will run at nite?

pakman:
hmm... now how about a nite bangka service or are the resort bangkas the only ones that will run at nite?

at that time, the coast guard prohibits small crafts from crossing the channel

this you have to coordinate with the resort.

what time you arriving again at manila airport?

Back
Top Bottom