Aldora and 3 P's Reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always bring my own analyzer to Mexico but never carry it on 3P's boats because they always have one and it works. I'm glad to see Steve get his own compressor system but Meridiano's tanks have always been very close to what was marked on the tag.

I'm glad it's worked out for you but that hasn't always been my experience. Maybe in Coz I'm just a nitrox oops magnet. If I regularly did more than 2 dives a day where I felt nitrox was a real necessity I guess I would bring my own analyzer. So I guess it is more whine than complaint, but I'm still glad to see tanks get more under shop control. :)

Last edited:
Well I've been meaning to ask about this, I suppose the thread has now drifted enough that I should...

I do not own a nitrox analyzer. I know I should, and plan to pick one up before my next trip (previously, we've been on live-aboards and have used the boats' analyzers). That said, on my last trip to Cozumel, I do not recall seeing anyone on the boat analyzing their tanks (I suppose I could have missed it, but don't think I did). I only realized that afterwards, but in retrospect I'm surprised.

I'm curious about others' experiences (with any dive op on Coz). Do you / do you see others analyzing nitrox tanks consistently?
(for that matter, I don't think I've ever seen anyone check air tanks for carbon monoxide, either...hmmmm).

I'll admit that I don't analyze my tanks in Coz, even when the analyzer is being passed around. I usually get some funny looks. I was on the boat with the OP several days, she probably gave me one :). I used to and the mix was always very close to what was marked. I surely wouldn't recommend my style to anybody else, but I've spent a lifetime racing motorcycles and do stuff way more dangerous than breathing enriched air on a daily basis. For me, diving recreational in Coz, I'm fine with anything under 40% and don't care about the exact number.

I'm super pumped to hear that 3P's is going to start filling their own tanks. Nothing worse than paying a premium for a mix and having it show up to the boat with 2600 psi. Same goes for air, I've seen some really light fills over the years.

Not to hijack this thread, but were Aldora's tanks actually filled to 3400-3500psi? The reason I ask this is because I used 'another 120 steel' operator in COZ and my tanks were only filled to 2700psi, giving us much less air then the 120 should hold.

the low pressure 120s LU uses are full at 2400

the low pressure 120s LU uses are full at 2400

The operator we used specifies (on their website) that they use HP120's. It wasn't the end of the world for us, we were in town on a cruise ship and were VERY happy with the overall experience. The only reason I asked is because I was curious if it was typical, or the norm to get a 3000 psi fill with HP tanks in COZ. After reading this I know we were shorted a bit of gas, but like I said before, it wasn't a big deal.

Well I've been meaning to ask about this, I suppose the thread has now drifted enough that I should...

I do not own a nitrox analyzer. I know I should, and plan to pick one up before my next trip (previously, we've been on live-aboards and have used the boats' analyzers). That said, on my last trip to Cozumel, I do not recall seeing anyone on the boat analyzing their tanks (I suppose I could have missed it, but don't think I did). I only realized that afterwards, but in retrospect I'm surprised.

I'm curious about others' experiences (with any dive op on Coz). Do you / do you see others analyzing nitrox tanks consistently?
(for that matter, I don't think I've ever seen anyone check air tanks for carbon monoxide, either...hmmmm).
I have only seen one other person besides my group analyze their tanks in Coz.

I'll admit that I don't analyze my tanks in Coz, even when the analyzer is being passed around. I usually get some funny looks. I was on the boat with the OP several days, she probably gave me one :). I used to and the mix was always very close to what was marked. I surely wouldn't recommend my style to anybody else, but I've spent a lifetime racing motorcycles and do stuff way more dangerous than breathing enriched air on a daily basis. For me, diving recreational in Coz, I'm fine with anything under 40% and don't care about the exact number.

I'm super pumped to hear that 3P's is going to start filling their own tanks. Nothing worse than paying a premium for a mix and having it show up to the boat with 2600 psi. Same goes for air, I've seen some really light fills over the years.
:happywave: I do remember offering the analyzer to another but he declined. I went back and read some of your posts so I know you were not the older man from Texas that could't sing :D and I don't recall any gentleman that I thought might be offered drugs on the street. :rolleyes:

:happywave: I do remember offering the analyzer to another but he declined. I went back and read some of your posts so I know you were not the older man from Texas that could't sing :D and I don't recall any gentleman that I thought might be offered drugs on the street. :rolleyes:
Mid 30's couple. Wife was the small blonde (newish diver) and I was the one taking pics.

I have only seen one other person besides my group analyze their tanks in Coz.
Aldora has an analyzer on their boat. The crew sets up your bcd/reg, analyzes the tank and shows you the reading on the analyzer.

Aldora has an analyzer on their boat. The crew sets up your bcd/reg, analyzes the tank and shows you the reading on the analyzer.
They won't set up my tank if I ever dive with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom