Aldora and 3 P's Reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is not related to the orignial post but I think you know as this is about 3P and Aldora. And instead of creating a new topic, I think its better to ask here...

I really don't know if this is even a valid (or stupid) question... But I just realized that many of the boats are really small (I'm used to Thailand diving where the boats are big) and I was wondering if they have toilets on their boats? And if not, how that is actually handled?

We are looking at Aldora and 3P at the moment, and not a clue about more detail on the boats..
None of Tres Pelicanos boats have a head and none of the three different Aldora boats that I dove with had heads. I learned quickly on my first trip to Coz that divers will often strip their wet suits off and take a dip in the ocean if needed and as divingjd also pointed out there are often facilities available during the surface interval.

Well you could always pee in your wetsuit, not that I ever do............:eek:.
But if you want to have a head on a boat it would have to be one of the larger boats.

They won't set up my tank if I ever dive with them.

Agreed here. I've dove with Aldora for 24 dives (4 x 6 days) and set my gear up each time. I always set up and break down my own gear. Beyond safety and knowing exactly how everything is rigged, I enjoy it. I've noticed with some other operators in remote places that the staff can feel almost a bit offended. I get it - they want to help and see it as their job. But I usually just tell them I enjoy it and its a part of my dive and they seem to usually understand. I always take my gear with me as well. FWIW, we stayed at Cozumel Palace when we dove with Aldora and they had rinse buckets and lockers right at the end of the pier. Made it easy as Aldora drops you at the pier at the hotel. Just a quick walk to the buckets and lockers.

This is not related to the orignial post but I think you know as this is about 3P and Aldora. And instead of creating a new topic, I think its better to ask here...

I really don't know if this is even a valid (or stupid) question... But I just realized that many of the boats are really small (I'm used to Thailand diving where the boats are big) and I was wondering if they have toilets on their boats? And if not, how that is actually handled?

We are looking at Aldora and 3P at the moment, and not a clue about more detail on the boats..

Not sure about 3P, but for Aldora, you're not on the boat for that long at a time. Unless you're staying north of town, maybe 20 minutes to the dive site, do the dive, and 5-10 minutes to the beach club and its facilities. For the second, it's 5-10 minutes to the site, then 15-20 back to the dock.

To answer your question a little more fully and if not voiding in the wetsuit is important to you, time to the end of first dive will vary depending on where you stay on the island, especially if diving with Aldora. If staying in town or north, your time from pickup to the end of the first dive will be the longest with Aldora and the shortest with 3P's since they leave from the marina south of town and there are nice facilities at the marina. If you are staying south there will not be a lot of difference but since 3P's dive times average a little shorter the time to the surface interval will also be slightly sooner. For the same reason time to the end of the second dive will also be a little quicker with 3 P's. But for most people the difference in time will not be significant.

If you don't mind peeing in your suit its a moot issue.

Last edited:
Ah, but the question is: who will handle and clean said wetsuit for you:rolleyes:

3P's has no problem rinsing/cleaning my and my wife's pee'd in wet suits just as it has no problem cleaning the pee'd in wet suits of all other divers on the boats. Heck, for years I used to rinse and hang our gear and neoprene daily when we dove with ops that wouldn't deal with gear or neoprene.

I can tell you after 2 weeks of screwing around on our 2-week trips with my daily, anal "rinse-and-hang" back in the day resulted in gear that still stank and needed a big 'ole dose of "Sink the Stink" added to the resort tub for our final end-of-trip rinse. Upon our return we would sometimes sink all of it in our jetted tub dosed with "Sink the Stink" and turn on the jets for an hour to rinse and bubble it all away. By the way, this is the best use for a jetted tub I've ever found as our dive gear has spent more time in it than we ever have!

Anyway, no need for any of that nonsense since we found 3P's. ALL GEAR every day is as fresh as it was when we brought it on day 1 though it may still be a bit damp from the prior day of diving.

Last edited:
3P's has no problem rinsing/cleaning my and my wife's pee'd in wet suits just as it has no problem cleaning the pee'd in wet suits of all other divers on the boats. Heck, for years I used to rinse and hang our gear and neoprene daily when we dove with ops that wouldn't deal with gear or neoprene.

I can tell you after 2 weeks of screwing around on our 2-week trips my daily, anal "rinse-and-hang" back in the day resulted in gear that still stank and needed a big 'ole dose of "Sink the Stink" added to the resort tub for our final end-of-trip rinse. Upon our return we would sometimes need to sink all of it in our jetted tub dosed with "Sink the Stink" and turn on the jets for an hour to rinse and bubble it all away. By the way, this is the best use for a jetted tub I've ever found as our dive gear has spent more time in it than we ever have!

Anyway, no need for any of that nonsense since we found 3P's. ALL GEAR every day is as fresh as it was when we brought it on day 1 though it may still be a bit damp from the prior day of diving.

Our shop, Blue Magic does the same.
I too, would never, never go back to taking care of any part of my gear including wetsuits while on vacation. It makes the whole trip so much more fun and enjoyable.

This could probably be a thread in itself. But as I said in the original post...

Tres Pelicanos will deal with wetsuits.

Aldora will not accept wetsuits.

Normally I would prefer to manage my suit myself. I like to know exactly where its been. But staying in town and a B&B at that, having all the large and awkward pieces of gear cared for by the dive op was a bonus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom