Aldora and 3 P's Reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our shop, Blue Magic does the same.
I too, would never, never go back to taking care of any part of my gear including wetsuits while on vacation. It makes the whole trip so much more fun and enjoyable.
This could probably be a thread in itself. But as I said in the original post...

Tres Pelicanos will deal with wetsuits.

Aldora will not accept wetsuits.

Normally I would prefer to manage my suit myself. I like to know exactly where its been. But staying in town and a B&B at that, having all the large and awkward pieces of gear cared for by the dive op was a bonus.

The way I look at it... If I'm OK letting my dive op rinse my reg that's going in my mouth the next day I'm certainly OK with them rinsing my wet suit and taking care of that as well. Quality dive ops add a mild disinfectant to their common rinse tanks. You're safer sucking on the neoprene that came out of a managed rinse tank than eating that tortilla chip you loaded with Pico at your favorite local restaurant!

This could probably be a thread in itself. But as I said in the original post...
The 'who handles wetsuits' thread from several years back was one of the greatest never ending threads in the annals Cozumel / SB history. I was searching around and couldn't find it, if someone has it bookmarked plz post the link.

I liked to handle my own wetsuit because I generally donned the lower portion--leaving my arms out of the sleeves--before boarding the boat, which meant one less thing to carry aboard with me and one less balancing maneuver to perform on a bouncing boat as we approached the site.

I only started reading the last few posts and could not figure out what you would review about 3 P's and what Aldora had to do with pee.

I then started to read the thread from the begining to realize the thread was a review of Aldora and Tres Pelicanos.

This thread took a tangent, but the title still kinda works.

The 'who handles wetsuits' thread from several years back was one of the greatest never ending threads in the annals Cozumel / SB history. I was searching around and couldn't find it, if someone has it bookmarked plz post the link.

Would this 22 page 212 post monster from 2013 be it? Dive Ops Handling Wetsuits.

Richard.

Steve from 3 P's is the dive operation that I send all my former customers who ask who to dive with in Cozumel. I know his staff and they have treated my former customers as I expected them to. The Dive operation ownership changes I have experienced in the last 35 years of diving Cozumel has made me double check who the dive operation owners are. Some new owners do a great job, some not so good, and some should just disappear from the island because they just don't get what customer service is. I love Cozumel not just for the diving, I love the people and my friends on the island.

Last edited:
Maybe I can help get this thread back on topic?

I would like to hear reviews on using ground transportation to get to the marina. I started a new thread on this topic, "Downtown pier pick up or taxi to the marina" Must say I'm surprised how long it takes to return to town in the afternoon really 45 minutes? I think a beer cooler would be required for that trip.

How about a review on actual process and time it takes to return to town?

Regards,
Keepdivin

Back
Top Bottom