All about Oxygen O2 Analyzers, including DIY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw a nice little analyzer at the Dive Show in Houston this past weekend. Has anyone had experience with this O2 analyzer? They had what seemend like a good price for compact product.

dnhill

Try going here http://www.oxycheq.com/index.html I got one of mine here I built it but they do offer ready made ones at a reasonable price....... They have great prices on the sensors too.
Rob

I second that - go with Oxy Chek - you can make your own from a 'kit' for around $100 and about 3 hrs labor.

Patrick has nice stuff and is a super guy.

Just a note: Oxy Chek will be releasing their wings within the next month or so. Be sure to check those out as well...knowing Patrick, I'm sure they are gonna be great!

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
I second that - go with Oxy Chek - you can make your own from a 'kit' for around $100 and about 3 hrs labor.

Patrick has nice stuff and is a super guy.

Just a note: Oxy Chek will be releasing their wings within the next month or so. Be sure to check those out as well...knowing Patrick, I'm sure they are gonna be great!

According to Patrick this is what you get if you opt of the Expedition instead of the El Cheapo II,

-They have no common parts.
-Expedition is smaller and the best sealed analyzer on the market, the ECII is not sealed.
-Expedition is slightly more accurate digital panel meter.
-Expedition comes with a carrying case
-Expedition comes with a built in flow restrictor
-Expedition has a back light
-Expedition is powered with 3 AAA -batteries vs a 9v
-Expedition has a warranty

I exchanged a few emails with him and he was incredibly helpful.

Cornfed

cornfed once bubbled...

According to Patrick this is what you get if you opt of the Expedition instead of the El Cheapo II,

-They have no common parts.
-Expedition is smaller and the best sealed analyzer on the market, the ECII is not sealed.
-Expedition is slightly more accurate digital panel meter.
-Expedition comes with a carrying case
-Expedition comes with a built in flow restrictor
-Expedition has a back light
-Expedition is powered with 3 AAA -batteries vs a 9v
-Expedition has a warranty

I exchanged a few emails with him and he was incredibly helpful.

Cornfed

I have to agree with you on most points.. the expedition is a great analyzer, but in my opinion its the second best sealed...

The Alpha has better sealing.. its an aluminum case and every possible place water could intrude has either a gasket or oring seal..

padiscubapro once bubbled...

I have to agree with you on most points.. the expedition is a great analyzer, but in my opinion its the second best sealed...

The Alpha has better sealing.. its an aluminum case and every possible place water could intrude has either a gasket or oring seal..

My point was more to point out differences between the Expedition and the El Cheapo.

cornfed

Believe it or not I really like the oxyspy (distributed by abyss). You can calibrate to free air, so you don't need another tank, and it's very fast and easy to use.

Now before anyone gets started on how it's not as accurate, yadda yadda yadda....it is within 1% of any other analyzer I've used whether or not they were calibrated to tank air.

If 1% is important to you, then you are diving the wrong gas, IMO.

Ease of use is important when you are calibrating half a dozen tanks for each dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom