Alleged illegal tanks sold by Add Helium-Heads up to any that may have purchased

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no dog in this fight that being said ..... anyone can make any accusation they want ....especially an ex partner...why I(why ive never had one ). if the feds are involved there may be fire here , if he sold .(and I cant believe a guy with an army major wife /combat vet would do this) rebreathers and dpvs to a militant /terrorist that's tantamount to treason and the gov will make him suffer LARGE so........it will all come out in the wash ..if hes found guilty in a CRIMINAL action give him 20 years if hes found not guilty sue the crap out of the liar .............my combat vets 2 cents

However all of these discussions were removed by the Mods it will take me some time to recover the posts

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Having no memory of this thread I went to check it and was surprised to see that I was the mod who deleted the posts. (It must indicate an age-related deterioration of my mind.) My primary purpose in posting this response is to tell you that for someone with staff privileges, all the deleted posts are still there. Cerich can see all of them.

I also went to the original moderator thread and saw that I did the work in response to several reports about abusive posts. The posts being repeated here had triggered a very heated exchange with a lot of ToS-violating personal attacks. The posts that are being repeated here were tossed along with all the rest because they were fully entwined with the personal attacks and were off topic for the original thread.

I made a moderator announcement to that effect at the end of the thread when I reopened it for the purpose of getting back to the original topic. There were no posts after that announcement.

Since these posts are now being made in a thread on that specific topic, they are now on topic and open for discussion. I want to caution everyone against renewing the heated personal attacks that led to moderating the original thread.

EDIT: I received a PM that suggests I need to make a clarification for the comment above that Cerich can see the deleted posts. That comment was in reference to the quoted statement that the poster would have a hard time recovering the deleted posts so that Cerich could see them. I merely meant that doing so was unnecessary, since Cerich could see them now that he knew they existed.

Last edited:
Puh-leaze. As if you had no idea ahead of time that Richardson was going to post this.
Not guilty. I didn't even send a link to anyone in Libya.

• 5 independent quality and safety examinations during the production process:
    - "Birnell-Hardness Survey"
    - Visual examination (inside and outside, multiple controlling of the thread)
    - Ultrasonic examination
    - Hydraulic compression test

- Final examination before delivery

I can tell you that those items marked in red are complete marketing BS

Isn't it a Brinell hardness test?

You are correct. I wasn't looking at their spelling errors. In a production process you would carry out a tensile test of a sample which is place in with the components during the heat treatment process to confirm teh material properties are within tolerance. You wouldn't' carry out a hardness test.

Don't even get me started on the ultrasonic testing....

WOW -- Clive Cussler could write another Dirk Pitt novel out of this--it has all the elements.

DPV's, rebreathers, Libyan militants, the FBI, Homeland Security, the Department of Commerce, injucnctions, conjunctions, business partner war, and a Napoleonic complex.
:coffee:

Jim, given that Sotis lives in South Florida, this should be either a Travis McGee or Doc Ford book. If you haven't read any of the Doc Ford books, I highly suggest them!

You are correct. I wasn't looking at their spelling errors. In a production process you would carry out a tensile test of a sample which is place in with the components during the heat treatment process to confirm teh material properties are within tolerance. You wouldn't' carry out a hardness test.

Don't even get me started on the ultrasonic testing....

what is your objection to ultrasonic examination? it is DOT approved and commonly used for semiconductor grade gas cylinders

There is an Add Helium related trade show video on You Tube per the link below discussing the carbon fiber tank by Worthington in a diving situation:

The carbon dive is actually an approved European cylinder distributed via Worthington out of Austria. You still can't legally get them filled in the USA ("in commerce" aka for money at a shop), nor bring them on a charter boat. Nor transport them in commercial quantities (>1,000 lbs). Nor get them hydroed. The valves being metric, also don't have legally required burst disks. And lord help the person who accidentally puts one of the metric valves in a 3/4 neck North American cylinder, it will shoot out of there under pressure like a rocket and kill someone.

The 2L Chinese made cylinders are the scarier ones which are on AH's website today and also part of the complaint by the minority partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom