Alternate strap for Suunto D6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately the D4 strap is not yet avaliable ... I await in hope and anticipation as my original D4 strap is strating to rot and deteriate .
Fast friendly service from the company .

Tibby-Adapters for the Suunto D9 are finally available...

Guess what everyone?

There Here...
I finally have a set for my own computer,
If you were tired of waiting, think of how I was feeling.

But you have to dont have to wait any longer.

The New Titanium Tibby-Adapters for the Suunto D9 are now for sale.

IMG_9830_CRSM.jpgIMG_9832_CRSM..jpgIMG_9833_CRSM..jpgIMG_9834_CRSM..jpgIMG_9835_CRSM..jpg

Shipping will still be included in the cost,
These new Titanium adapters will be slightly higher in price because they cost more per set to make and the materials cost more too.
But we decided to only increase the price by $5.00 USD per set, so that Divers could still afford them.

for those that want to know, here are the prices:

Titanium Tibby-Adapters for the Suunto D9 $70.00 USD per pair.
This includes a better set of mounting screws and 2 sets of spring bars.
A Zulu strap (the heaviest you will find anywhere) in either Orange, or Black still costs $25.00 USD.
Sold as a set for $90.00 USD
If your a "Working" Dive professional, send us your Member #, as well as a pic of you working, and you can get another discount.
I know most Divers don't make a lot in wages, so if your using them for work, I want to know about it, and I'll do my best to help you out a little.

You are all the first to see these, other than the guys that did the milling that is, so I hope you all like them.

One last thing, if you own a Black Suunto D6, we will have a special treat for you on the website in a few days.

Cheers

I can now die a happy man :D !!!!....Thank you Tibby-adapters :O !!!!!!!

Awesome!!!!! I can't wait to get mine. Bye bye cheapo suunto bands.

Just got my Tibby D9 adapters today, a little over a week since I ordered them. Thanks Duke. That is pretty good considering it takes UPS a week just to get something from the east coast.

First impressions are great, the adapters went on smoothly. Just make sure you have the right metric Allen key, I believe its a 2mm. I put a little green threadlocker (between light and medium strength) on the hex screws and installed the spring bars. Then it was as easy as threading the band on and adjusting the fit.

Initially I was a little worried about the D9 adapters since they looked a little large in the pictures and I have small wrists (I sometimes have to use the smallest hole on watch bands). But I was completely wrong about the adapters and the band fit very well and complemented the D9 looks perfectly. I'm even 6 holes from the smallest, so there is plenty of adjustability for people with even smaller wrists.

While wearing the first thing I noticed was the zulu strap is much more comfortable than the stock band, mainly since it doesn't move around as much, lessening the chafing of your skin. The stock band was uncomfortable enough that I didn't wear the watch other than diving. Also an added feature of the band is that it goes under the watch and keeps the cold metal off your wrist, improving the comfort.

All is all I give this upgrade a 10/10 and all suunto d9 owners should try these out, not just to save money in watch band replacement fees but also in increased comfort and protection from loss.

IMAG0077.jpgIMAG0079.jpgIMAG0078.jpgIMAG0080.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the thumbs up Alex, It's been a long hard Haul to get these done.
but when I hear comments like yours, it makes it all worth all the time and effort.

And since I cant afford to Advertise anywhere, a comment like yours is awesome
If I had of written the things you have, it would have looked pretty cheesy, me pointing out the good points of my own product..
So I always have tried to be really careful about what I post here and on other websites (like "Watchuseek") because just starting a Thread saying
"Hey look at what I'm Flogging" has never impressed me when I was reading.
So thanks for a very positive post

Cheers
Duke

Last edited:
Reactions: D_B
I got one for the D6 after going through 5 rubber straps and I am very happy with it and can only recommend this product.
Indeed this is what Suunto should have come up with in the first place.

Cheers,
Bas

Mine is enroute from Duke. That was the smoothest transaction ever. Thanks, Duke! Can't wait to get it!

Back
Top Bottom