Alternate strap for Suunto D6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got one for the D6 after going through 5 rubber straps and I am very happy with it and can only recommend this product.
Indeed this is what Suunto should have come up with in the first place.

Cheers,
Bas

Cheers Bas,
Just out of curiosity, how much were those straps?
Or, were they warranty replacements from Suunto?

Mine is enroute from Duke. That was the smoothest transaction ever. Thanks, Duke! Can't wait to get it!

Glad to be of assistance :)

I hope you like the product as well as you liked the service, Let me know when they arrive.

Cheers
Duke

Got my D9 strap and tried it out over a 7mm suit.....Was at 150' going thru passges in a cave system, bumped it, rubbed it against walls...Gave it to another diver to try [who also has a D9 they won't wear because of the strap]...They went thru a cave system w/it and it held up great :D !!!....Nice product and smooth purchase Duke, Thank you.....

Latest letter from a Customer who bought the D9 Adapters

Nice letter from George who has a D9, and just came back from Cozumel today,

I've been back for a bit now just trying to relax from the diving in Cozumel. It was a busy time for them there.

The D9 just felt so secure and comfortable. It was a good feeling. The one thing I noticed was that I wore the D9 more as a watch when I wasn't diving than I have before. The metal band is a lot easier to put on, but definitely not as comfortable.

Anyway, as promised, here's some pics. Unfortunately the dive shop that had a big Canadian flag in the window but they had to remove it.

Thanks again,
George

PS:Lots of people were asking me about my D9 as well. No one actually had one though, but from the sounds of it people were interested for other computers. I think people like the idea of not losing an expensive device :)

I'm definitely satisfied with the adapters. You can quote me on that :)

IMG_1103.jpeg IMG_1107.jpeg IMG_1210.jpeg

Is there an update on the d4 straps? Also, what is the link to the website. Thanks for a wonderful product that will help a lot of divers.

The website is at "www.tibby-adapters.com" and no news yet on the D4's, I'll have to get a lot more inquiries before i am able to do more models than I am at the moment.
If I do make ones for the D4's, they will probably only able to be made through injection molding.
Also each piece will probably have to have inserts inside of each piece, that's the only way I could be sure that they would be more durable than the present straps...
Making something that just falls apart would be pointless, besides it's been Done already (Chuckle)
To design and produce something on the scale you need to do with injection molding process and make it affordable is a huge investment, especially for a one person show like this one.
I do have a Manufacturer interested, but we are still in the design faze so far, nothing definite at all.

I wish I had better news, sorry.

However if sales increase, the process speeds up, so if you want a set for the D4's spread the word about the ones I can presently produce, so that I can afford to put more time and cash into the D4's :)

Cheers
Duke

Well, I'm in for 2 sets for D4 if /and when they're available....Already changed mine one time(black), and is still waiting for a white replacement for my wife...been waiting for 6 weeks now...

Since Divealpha revived this thread, I might as well post my review of the Tibby Adapters (D6). I got to try them out on an Indonesia liveaboard a couple of months ago. Absolutely fantastic solution to the fragile strap problem. The Tibby adapters and strap are built like a tank. If I have any criticism at all, it might be that it requires slightly more dexterity to fasten the strap on these than it did to fasten the original Suunto plastic strap, since the holes in the Tibby strap are similar in size to those in a regular watchband and don't have grommets or anything. But that shouldn't deter anyone from trying these.

My divemaster on the liveaboard was coveting my Tibby Adapters for his own D6, on which he said he's replaced the strap twice. He really would have liked me to give them to him as a gift. Ha!--no way. I did point him to the web site, though. Does that count as a tip?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom