Andros Bahamas: get certified and dive or just snorkel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snorkel versus scuba?

Choice seems pretty clear to me. Why eat Spam when you can dine on filet mignon?

I've not heard of instructors yanking regulators out of student's mouths. I doubt that any agency's insurance policies would allow such behavior.

What was the worst thing I had to go through during my certification? Most people seem to have trouble with mask removal.

Thank you all for your advice! We've done 2 resort dives before, one in Long Island Bahamas and another in Jamaica.QUOTE]

If you went throu 2 dives uncertified I think there will be no problem to finish the course. And the dives after the course will be a lot safer than the dives you made uncertified!

I think that snorkeling can offer you a wonderful chance to interact with the aquatic environment, but you are limited so much more than when diving. Diving is freedom in the sea, weightless interacting in an environment that you literally become a part of. I think you should, if you intend to do so some day, get certified now.
The nature of dive training is such that you practice skills a lot in a pool, demonstrate and hone them under the supervision of an instructor in 4 separate "real dives", so that when you go diving, you are able to do so without preoccupation with what you are doing, and just enjoy the experience. Any stresssing from the class will likely happen early in a pool setting, if at all, and I am sure you will do fine working with a competent instructor. The real danger is getting totally hooked on scuba after about 30 seconds underwater!
DivemasterDennis

We did it! We signed up and classes start September 7th. Doesn't leave us a ton of time for the check out dives but we'll have to make it work. Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom