Another backplate/wing setup question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK. Yeah - it's funny how when you expect to see something, you read what you think you see, not actually what you ARE seeing.

Boogie711:
OK. Yeah - it's funny how when you expect to see something, you read what you think you see, not actually what you ARE seeing.

That's a good lesson to take home :wink:

Why is it not possible to have a "circular" doubles wing? Why can't there be a connection between the ends of the horseshoe? Obviously, someone has already tried it and it doesn't work, but why?

I suppose you could add a semi-rigid tube (to prevent it from collapsing) to connect the two ends of the horseshoe wing routed under the tank(s). However the ability to transfer air from side to side would be greatly restricted as the practical diameter for the tube would be fairly small. The points where the tube connects to the bladder would also be SERIOUS failure points as it would be at risk of being torn off if something snagged.

Thanks very much, but no thanks, I'll just stick with a regular horseshoe style wing and deal with the need roll a bit to shift air from side to side now and them.

You guys crack me up. Put a big single on a donut, and it pinches at the bottom anyway. I've now been diving the OMS single wing for almost a year. None of the so called problems you guys have come up with exist. You guys really do sound like a bunch of arm chair engineers. As for not buying anything from OMS, I get another laugh out of that. Their wing shell material is 100% ballistic denier. Check your manufacturer's, because they aren't. That's why you can push a paper clip through the other guy's shell and punture his bladder. Do the research first hand and stop spitting out trash. If you have problems diving the OMS single bladder, then you really don't belong in the water. Quit dreaming sh!t up and go out and dive.

Methinks someone has been reading the OMS website. Are you going to tell us that the "other guys" spring straps are an entanglement hazard, too?

Sheesh - http://www.omsdive.com/news2.html.

It's that sort of stuff that really pisses me off about OMS. Obviously their stuff isn't good enough to stand on it's own merits, so let's piss all over Halcyon. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a Halcyon disciple, but this paper-clip and spring strap entanglement hazard crap was enough to convince me to go out and buy an Explorer Wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom