Any recent rescue divers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I teach a NAUI rescue class at least once a year and INCLUDE the First Aid/CPR/O2 Provider and Blood Born Pathogens in the price ($180) and this includes ALL books and materials excepting dive gear and tanks. The next one will be in April.

Its the lawyers ... who correct the misinformation and who keep others out of trouble.

BTW: Shakespeare's line about first killing all the lawyers (2 Henry VI, Act IV, Scene 2), is made in the context of it being a prerequisite to establishing a dictatorship.

So what would you do without lawyers? Not take the rescue or DM course out of fear of volunteering to be liable?

MoonWrasse:
Originally Posted by DandyDon
Oxygen is regulated by drug laws in the US, perhaps not in some other nations, but the way I did it was ask: "Do you want Oxygen?" "Yes!" "OK" I would never suggest it, as that's when the liability can increase. Odd, but there are complicated possibilities, always.

There is a lot more to the Rescue class, tho. Safe ways to prepare the O2 Kit and a lot more.
Amazing. You can pepper your buddy's face with birdshot, but you can't offer up oxygen. What a country.
Yeah, I miss that thread. Texas Parks & Wildlifer announced today that lawyers do not require a permit - nuisance game.

Actually, my incident was in Cozumel waters. I still don't think he was bent - just dehydrated and hungover - felt a world better after I did have him drink a quart of sport drink, but then I wasn't going to tell them that. And, dehydrated & hungover, he certainly could have been bent, so I loaded him in an ambulance and sent him to the docs with his computer. All they really needed was his DAN card, tho, for if you have A symptom and a DAN card - you get a chamber ride. Prudent I suppose.

I never wanted to play scuba lifeguard, but have been put into the position a few times, so - I'm going, along with my home buddy who I've had to rescue a bit. We were going this weekend until winter returned, so now we're going next month - with 3 young fellow from the Lubbock fire department. With my luck, I'll get assinged one of them and he'll wanto to be realistic. If he looks like he wants to fight in the water, I'll float out of reach until he's tired - a method approved by my Inst.
grinning-smiley-045.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom