Any rumors on the Garmin descent mk3 display?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, it's 100% coming; it's on DEMA's website. Sound's like you'll be able to send pre-defined text messages to other divers (something I've been waiting for). So much better than yelling through regulator.

Attachments

• n9jixg4ekxxb1.png
    n9jixg4ekxxb1.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 118
Saved text #2: I'm out of air. Got 10 bar.

How bright/useful will this flashlight be underwater?

How bright/useful will this flashlight be underwater?
Having had the fenix 7x with the flashlight I wouldn’t expect it to be very useful unless you are shining it on a reef from a foot or two away. Maybe if your dive encroaches on sunset it may get you through dusk. It’s extremely useful on land though.

Having had the fenix 7x with the flashlight I wouldn’t expect it to be very useful unless you are shining it on a reef from a foot or two away. Maybe if your dive encroaches on sunset it may get you through dusk. It’s extremely useful on land though.
Hi :) I agree it's extremely useful on land. It would be extremely useless underwater (less than 20 lumens), not to mention start draining your battery if the computer is already AMOLED. The only way it's going to barely light up anything is when it gets a bit darker either because the sun is setting, you're going deeper, or in an overhead environment - all situations where you need to have a real torch.

for sure it will be no later than Tuesday, probably Monday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom