Any Thoughts on Dorian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Live by my moto:

dontpanic.jpg

Don't forget your towel. :)

Even if it hits the Yucatan, that would be next Friday or the day after using ROUGH projections. I would still leave tomorrow or the next two days and deal with any issues if they develop later next week.

I doubt that many hurricane experts trust their models a week out.

Thanks all, I feel better about my decision to come.

Christi this is the map I was worried about. I was hoping I was not interpreting it correctly but it looks like a direct hit - but yes I do agree with what everyone says and that with a week to go anything can happen.
It's a weak storm almost 3,000 miles from Coz and losing power, currently with sustained winds of 45 mph and weakening. It's wise to look and consider these things, I used to not bother, but she's not much of a player.

Their 5 day forecast shows it weakening to TD. If it hits the mountains of Cuba, it may well break up there. Saturday morning update: This map is the 5 day forecast and auto updating, but they don't expect her to survive past Tuesday...

at201304_5day.gif

The map you posted, shown here in more detail I think - if it posts well, includes 6 computer model guesses if you look close enough, some are hard to see - and only 1 gives is a chance of heading to the Yucatan, if it survives. At the worst, you may get rained on leaving - from today's view.

at201304_model.gif

Last edited:
Looks like Dorian is a Dud! Good news for me too since I am headed to Florida next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom