Question Any wreck diving in Downeast Maine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bierstadt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm a Great Lakes diver who has enjoyed visiting Maine for many years, but never to dive. I'm looking into what the best wreck and shorediving is in downeast Maine and I'm shocked at how little I am finding. I'm not even seeing dive shops in between Portland and Lubec, at all. So my question for our Maine divers is where do you go to see shipwrecks and seals? And why am I not finding dive shops and charters; surely Acadia is swarmed with enough people in the summer to support a dive op?

I found the diving in Gloucester, MA which looks like what I want except it is 4 hours south of where I am staying.

Thanks.

I immediately thought of the Eagle 56 but it’s 300ft deep at only 5 miles offshore. I suspect that is why there is very little wreck diving in that area, gets too deep very close to shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom