Anyone have 1st hand experience with Scubapro BC's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get a BP/W. Sorry, couldn't help myself.:D

LOL funny,
I just do not like them, but having never dove with one? I am old school, I use to dive with a Seatec horse collar. Over 100 dives logged with one. I finally bought a rental unit BC in the late 80's or early 1990 and it has been in storage since. I have not been diving since the late 80's.

LOL funny,
I just do not like them, but having never dove with one? I am old school, I use to dive with a Seatec horse collar. Over 100 dives logged with one. I finally bought a rental unit BC in the late 80's or early 1990 and it has been in storage since. I have not been diving since the late 80's.

I've been diving about 30 years, switched to a BP/W about three years ago and you couldn't pay me to go back. Do yourself a favor and try one before buying anything else. You may or may not like it but it certainly doesn't hurt to try one and you'll never really know if you like it until you give one a shot. All the BP/W converts are no accident.

Tip: If you do choose to try one make sure it is properly fitted, the fit on a BP/W makes all the difference in the world.

I'm a firm believer that you can never go wrong with anything Scubapro. I have a Scubapro Bella and looooove it. It fits great, is sturdy and isn't a problem to pack when flying. Lots of D-rings and nice big pockets. I really like their integrated BC's because the weight pockets slip in and out with ease. No fighting to dump weight in an emergency. My boyfriend is getting ready to purchase a SP Glide after trying lots of different BC's. Like I said, you just can't go wrong with SP.

The Ladyhawk packs nice and neat and doesn't take up much room. As others have said, pack the weight pockets separately to make the jacket less bulky. The bc doesn't weigh much, so it's good for traveling. If you get one, do yourself a favor and buy it from an authorized dealer who will repair/replace it if anything goes wrong. I know people who "saved" money by buying gear inexpensively, but ended up spending more money to have it fixed than they would have if they just bought it as an original. That's the only problem with trying to sell used SP gear.......the warrantee doesn't go with it.

I weighed my Ladyhawk awhile back out of curiosity, I don't recall the weight but it actually compared pretty favorably to some weights I was seeing mentioned for other setups. At least on the low side of average.

I weighed my Ladyhawk awhile back out of curiosity, I don't recall the weight but it actually compared pretty favorably to some weights I was seeing mentioned for other setups. At least on the low side of average.

We went yesterday and tried on the Ladyhawk, and the large ladies wouldn't fit around her. The Knighthawk medium mens and actually the Ladyhawk were so heavy compared to the new Seaquest Pearl in large. It fit like a glove, is light weight and should pack very nice and it is a hybrid as the SP Hawks are all back float. $525 without the I3 air system thru a Aqualung dealer, off Internet I can get it with the I3 for $499 with Leisure Pro backing it up for I think 2 yrs where as Seaquest is 5 years, but the cost is like $675 with the I3. So the decision is to get the Pearl, but from whom remains the question?:confused:

I have the Knighthawk and the Mrs. has the Ladyhawk. We love them. Very streamline and comfortable and easy to travel with. Can't go wrong with ScubaPro. It's all I own.

My wife has the Zeagle Zena and loves it, zips up like a corset. She bought the extra pocket that rolls down and likes that too. I still like my SP non weight integrated vest bc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom