Aqualung Cousteau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NitroxCrazy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All

I am new to this Board and so far I like it given that all you out there are very open and forthcoming with the information and assistance.

I was given a new Aqualung Cousteau Impulse recently and have yet to use it. Moreover, I can't seem to find any information of the web pertaining to this model. It is an old top end model of Aqualung prior to the release of the Legend series. Was wondering if I could compare this with

1. Which model of APEK?

2. Does it have the same features and reliability as the legend/Legend LX or supreme?

3. What is the performance like?

Please assist and provide me with any info where possible.

NitroxCrazy:
Hi All

I am new to this Board and so far I like it given that all you out there are very open and forthcoming with the information and assistance.

I was given a new Aqualung Cousteau Impulse recently and have yet to use it. Moreover, I can't seem to find any information of the web pertaining to this model. It is an old top end model of Aqualung prior to the release of the Legend series. Was wondering if I could compare this with

1. Which model of APEK?

2. Does it have the same features and reliability as the legend/Legend LX or supreme?

3. What is the performance like?

Please assist and provide me with any info where possible.

I do not know the cousteau impulse version, but the Aqualung Cousteau has the same first stage as the USdivers ( aqualung ) SEA 4. It is vertical firts stage with diaphragm and 4 LP ports and 2 HP ports. When i need parts they are the same
I bought it in 1996. You may be able to find archives in magazines about it.
The same first stage was sold with Micra as well.
Hope that helps.

here is a picture, on the SEA 4 the first stage is exactly the same.

And alink to the aqualung catalog:
http://www.aqualung.com/catalog/prodpage/regulate/cousteau.htm

Bernard

laazur:
I do not know the cousteau impulse version, but the Aqualung Cousteau has the same first stage as the USdivers ( aqualung ) SEA 4. It is vertical firts stage with diaphragm and 4 LP ports and 2 HP ports. When i need parts they are the same
I bought it in 1996. You may be able to find archives in magazines about it.
The same first stage was sold with Micra as well.
Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom