Aqualung Legend - Ports Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

langr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Actually, two questions - just received a "hand-me-down" (newly serviced) Aqualung Legend 1st and 2nd stage - now need to add an octopus. My prior reg is a (very) old Dacor rig (still like it, works fine, but getting hard to service).

1. The Aqualung 1st stage appears to be "upside down" - my Dacor has the HP ports on top; the Aqualung is set up with the HP ports on bottom - is this correct?

2. I was going to just take the octo off the Dacor rig and put it on the Aqualung 1st stage - appears to be a "no-go" - the Dacor octo connector is larger than the port on the Aqualung (won't fit, too big). I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that these ports/connectors were all a standard size. Is this incorrect? Is there an adapter I can use?

Any other advice/suggestions welcome.

It's up to you which way up you have the 1st stage but hose routing makes more sense with the HP hose on the bottom.
Dacor and others were very keen on 1/2" ports, it's easy to fit a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter and still use your Dacor hose.
Another option is to get a new hose for the Dacor as the second stage end is standard.

Bingo! Exactly what I needed to know - thanks for the quick response. Sounds like the Aqualung 1st stage doesn't care which end is up.

Actually, two questions - just received a "hand-me-down" (newly serviced) Aqualung Legend 1st and 2nd stage - now need to add an octopus. My prior reg is a (very) old Dacor rig (still like it, works fine, but getting hard to service).

1. The Aqualung 1st stage appears to be "upside down" - my Dacor has the HP ports on top; the Aqualung is set up with the HP ports on bottom - is this correct?

2. I was going to just take the octo off the Dacor rig and put it on the Aqualung 1st stage - appears to be a "no-go" - the Dacor octo connector is larger than the port on the Aqualung (won't fit, too big). I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that these ports/connectors were all a standard size. Is this incorrect? Is there an adapter I can use?

Any other advice/suggestions welcome.

Fishpie has it nailed.

FYI the Octo screws into a LP (low pressure) port not HP (high pressure) port you mention..

Fishpie has it nailed.

FYI the Octo screws into a LP (low pressure) port not HP (high pressure) port you mention..

Yup, got that one figured out - just didn't realize there were different sized LP ports (on the two different 1st stages). Off to LDS tomorrow to get a new hose for the Octo, then off to Bonaire on Thursday to blow some bubbles.

Thanks for all the help!

OBTW - this thread clears up the whole "upside down" issue: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/153213-aqualung-legend-first-stage-question.html

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom