Aqualung Legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to jack this thread - but I just got a Legend LX ACD Supreme myself today. Paired it with the Legend Octo since you get that free during August. Haven't used it of course, but it's a sweet-looking piece of kit (hope the cudas don't take a liking to that nice circular saw chrome trim), and the removable mouth guard is cool too. But since there are some owners here - I thought I'd sneak in a question that might also benefit the OP if answered. I noticed when tightening the dust cap that the ACD device retracts - as I assume it's supposed to according to the design, which makes sense. But so now how do I know how much to tighten the knob to get a good seal between the cap and the filter bezel and not retract it at the same time - which would I assume compromise the whole idea of the ACD device, as it opens when retracted.

Legends breathe great, but definitely get the LX version. My regular ACD free flows in current bad and it has been adjusted several times by the LDS

Any shop should be able to convert it to a LX with about $40-50 in parts.

I spent a lotttttt of my money today but I am very happy.

I purchased:

Aqualung-Legend LX ACD reg & octo.
BCD- Balance

Suunto- Viper (3 gas)

Any shop should be able to convert it to a LX with about $40-50 in parts.

It freeflows in zero current. If I fix it by converting it to an LX it would be like trying to cover a bullet whole with a bandaid. BTW, my friend has the LX version and had to send his back and get a complete replacement under warranty. Now he says it is doing the same thing.

Got AL Legend's, both main and octo, for my wife and me...no regrets at all. Outstanding gear, built very well, very pleased with performance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom