Are we sure about this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi fisherdvm,

Under the Standard Bruce Treadmill Test, achieving 13 mets involves walking at 4.2 mph at an incline of 16 degrees. Like the earlier stages, this one (Stage 4) is maintained for 3 min.

There is a modified version for use with elderly or very sedentary individuals where the third stage corresponds to the first stage of the Standard protocol, but I much doubt it would be applicable to you and in any event the numbers you provide still don't fit.

Are you referring to some other modification or technique?

Thanks,

DocVikingo

I think we are talking of the same bruce test. Using the Mets calculator, which gives a continous equation of time one is on the bruce protocol, my age, and weight - the number that was spat out is what I posted. One minute into stage 5. If you used a simple table for approximation, than finishing stage 4 might be close to what I posted, minus one minute. So big difference between 13 minutes and 12 minutes - eh? I don't know which came first, the continous chart by the calculator, or the table you referred to.

In the spirit of Netdoc advise, I will delete any negative comment about my colleage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom