Assembling and matching IP for New V16 and MV Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkotheimer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've had my V16 Proton XL (the one with the blue dot) since about October, and I've only used it so far with a 50' hookah line while cleaning the bottom of my boat. However, I just received my MV octo the other day, and I'm looking forward to using the two together on a real dive. My question is, do I need to bring the 1st stage and both regs into a shop and have the intermediate pressure matched, or will they be the same out of the box, so I can just simply assemble the rig and go diving?

Also, aside from overtightening, what are some things to watch out for while assembling/disassembling my own regulator, changing from a long hose to a short one, adding an octo and BC inflator, etc.??

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi,

The IP for the v16 is set correctly for the new octo.

If you are disconnecting the hookah hose from the first stage and not the 2nd stage then it is very straight forward. Not much to worry about other than checking orings, the new hoses and making sure all is clean. No you do not want to over tighten, snug is good. I'd hook it up to a tank before you go on a trip to make sure you do not have leaks and all is working properly.

Have fun

Thanks Zak. Actually, I'm disconnecting the long hose from both the 1st and 2nd stage and inserting the original hose in its place. What additional considerations/cautions are introduced then?

Hi,

I for reasons I'm sure you understand, cannot give a disortation on how to hook up your regulator and or what issues to look for while doing it. I strongly recommend you take it to an authorized Mares service center / local dive store of your choice, have them hook it up, test IP and low pressure settings prior to using in the field. I'm sure the charge would be nominal and worth the peace of mind that everything was done correctly. There are too many variables and you are not properly trained to work / service Mares regulators.

I appreciate your questions and understanding.

Sincerely,

Back
Top Bottom