Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must admit that i had this happen to me, only once, but it was pressure in the hose that stopped me doing it. No problems now that i know about it.

Ron, i think it worth saying that without your additions and help in this forum we wouldnt get the quality of help that we do, thanks again for giving that support.

Does anyone know when the software comes out to windows ?

and another question:
my compass does not seem to work well, I have tried to calibrate it many times, but without any improvements.

-Mats Johansen. Norway

Does anyone know when the software comes out to windows ?

and another question:
my compass does not seem to work well, I have tried to calibrate it many times, but without any improvements.

-Mats Johansen. Norway
The new Windows software was supposed to be out last week, but they found some problems with XP, I believe. I would expect it soon (but I have been wrong before). Diving Log Diving Log 5.0 - Scuba Log, Scuba Logbook, Dive Log, Divelog - Logbook software for scuba diving - Logbuch Software zum Tauchen already supports the Cobalt for downloads (but not for flashing the firmware) and I know other programs are in the works with support for Cobalt.

As to the compass- if carefully calibrating the compass well away from ferrous metals does not work, it may be that the calibration constants will need to be redone. We have had a few reports of people having their compass chips lose calibration by passing through some kind of strong magnetic field, this might happen in airport screening or shipping. We are working to understand why the calibration might go off. But if you PM me with an email address I will send you the instructions for how to access the six point calibration procedure that will reset the constants. This has corrected compass problems in almost all instances. I would be very interested to know how it works for you.

Ron

Just received my Cobalt, and am enjoying playing with and setting it up although I haven't had it in the water yet. Ron - am I understand from #691 that I shouldn't be checking for updates, etc. on my Lion-running Mac until further notice?

Just received my Cobalt, and am enjoying playing with and setting it up although I haven't had it in the water yet. Ron - am I understand from #691 that I shouldn't be checking for updates, etc. on my Lion-running Mac until further notice?
If you just got your Cobalt it's probably up to date- 1.12 is the latest firmware release. If not, we have a Lion compatible beta updater I can send you. It works for simple firmware updates, but not yet for recovering from an update that failed due to a cable getting pulled out, etc.

Ron

Hello RonR. Thank you so much for the instructions for how to access the six point calibration. it worked perfectly :D.
Now I am 100% completely satisfied with my Cobalt computer.

-Mats johansen Norway

If you just got your Cobalt it's probably up to date- 1.12 is the latest firmware release. If not, we have a Lion compatible beta updater I can send you. It works for simple firmware updates, but not yet for recovering from an update that failed due to a cable getting pulled out, etc.

Ron

Thanks. Yes, I'm up to date. The outside of the box said it was ver. 1.11, but wehn I checked the info in the settings menu it said 1.12/2.

For those of you that would like to see the time, a question:
Display space is very tight without making fonts smaller, which we don't want to do. Would you give up the temperature display to see the time, as an optional preference? We could also look at alternating the time and temperature in the display...

Ron

Alternating would be the bombdiggity if it's possible. No to giving up temp.

For those of you that would like to see the time, a question:
Display space is very tight without making fonts smaller, which we don't want to do. Would you give up the temperature display to see the time, as an optional preference? We could also look at alternating the time and temperature in the display...

Ron

1+ It looks like there is plenty of room if you alternate the compass with time… and possibly date for that matter. I can see the time and date the same size as the temperature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom