Atomic is the best by far!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So that's what they mean by "Senior Member"...

Just joking. I'm sure if we had a chainsaw we'd use one too.

DiveMistress2:

Why don't you BORROW a M1 from your LDS and try it in the pool the next time you get a chance. Try hanging upside down etc. and see if it is by FAR better than your S600. I know the pool isn't a great test , but you can try it for fit form & function.

I would but then I can see the hassle it would bring with it. I'm not so interested in how it will perform in the pool, I'd rather test it in freezing temps at 130+ ft.

DiveMistress2:

Naw, not quite ready for the geritol just yet! :)

But you're not that much younger than me - we're almost born in the same decade.

DiveMistress2:
AHHHH TEAZER!

So far only 1 person has replied regarding the topic - has anyone else tried the atomic m1 & what did you think of it? How did it compare to the other regs you've tried is an even better question?

I've tried it--though it was only for a couple of dives. Based on that experience, I decided to go with the MK25/S600. It was entirely a personal preference thing. I didn't like the way the M1 breathed at really shallow depths. To me, it was noticeable at the 10 ft stop. But I have friends who swear by them.

Thank you for your honest opinion. I love my S600 which I know I'm going to keep, I just wanted some unbiased feedback from others who have tried it.

I think it's important to know what is available to us as divers and what people think about it who have tried it.

amobeus:
I'm sure that for may of you the Atomic regulator is a fine regulator for moral at best, but still to this day the Poseidon line takes the lead for deep diving, the deeper you go the better they breath.

Amobeus

Second that Amobeus...Love my jets over my buddy's Atomics. All good stuff though.

Hey JRK,

What depth have you tried the Atomics at? I have the Jetstream myself which I love. What was it that you didn't like about the Atomic?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom