Atomic is the best by far!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMistress2:
Hey JRK,

What depth have you tried the Atomics at? I have the Jetstream myself which I love. What was it that you didn't like about the Atomic?

Pleasure to be speaking to you DiveMistress2,
I have only been to 135' with the Atomic B1. I thought it nice and light...little if no cracking pressure, and very similar to my G250/MK20-25 diving in the past. But when it comes to my Jets, I think there is no comparison. I don't feel they are as a light a breath in the shallows (surface to about 50')...but when I do crack the valve, volumes of gas/air come my way. And on most of my dives off NC, there is NO cracking pressure, just tons of gas/air. I like this style...some don't. And having said that, I don't feel that it is overpowering...but a comfortable feeling, like I'm breathing at the surface, not through a hose. I explained to a friend a while back that I feel like there is a whole other dimension to the delivery of the Jetstreams than that of my G250/Apeks...this dimension would probably be the volume difference I feel. I gathered a tremendous amount of comments from this board and thedecostop board from those who had things to say regarding the Jet and put them in a word doc as I found them...I'll send it to you if you like. I did some research on new reg acquisition a few years back for a local law enforcement team, and dug up as much as I could. Got in touch with the NEDU and spoke at length to Mike Rainonee(spell?). Hands down, after all of the research, history surrounding the reg, how often it has been there and done that, and how simple the design is, this was the reg for us. In my mind, the second is a work of art, one moving mechanical piece (servo valve) and all that is is a simple spring.
Anyway, the Atomic is a nice reg...but in my mind there is nothing truly inovative in it's design. I know there are seat savers and the like, but it's simply a well built G250 second with a well built MK10. I've tried quite a few regs over the last 13 years, and by far the Jetstream is, in my mind, the best out. Now on with the DIR inquisition... :56:

Randy Kight

DiveMistress2:
AHHHH TEAZER!

(I managed to get my truck stuck in a snow bank for the first time).

YOU ARE SO BUSTED....I PROMISE I WON'T TELL A SOLE...TEE HEE :54:

starfish365:
YOU ARE SO BUSTED....I PROMISE I WON'T TELL A SOLE...TEE HEE :54:

So long as you won't tell a sole, that's ok. I don't think our feet talk all that much...teehee!

And I'm not worried if you want to tell a soul as well. 1/2 ton trucks get stuck well in snow banks out in the boonies of niagara. So long as my clients keep pushing me up their driveways and out to the streets I don't mind

Yabbutt I bet Starfishes car doesn't get stuck!

It's hard to when it only sees the ground every once in a while!

Quit flying over those tracks girl!

But at least I know you can weld it up if you break it in two!

She may have a hard time taking those tracks but you should see how I can take corners with 1500lbs of gear in my truck.....I feel like I'm playing Project Gotham Racing 2....

Since this is the Atomics thread, Divemistress2, I should let you know I feel an "e-mail of death" coming from on high if you continue your devious ways on another said message board :) Don't forget, back-stabbers lurk everywhere....not to mention any names publicly.

Good thing it's going to be wiped soon. You can start over then :)

Ah DS,

Everyone is entitled to their honest opinion which is the whole purpose of messageboards. They are here to allow us all to make educated decisions whether it be diving or life related. (depending on the thread of course)

If people are upset that I question their knowledge/opinion then I think they may be taking this personally. They need to remember that they too are consumers, and when they spend $1000 on something I'm sure they put some research into it as well.

I will leave it at that. But if anyone else has any experience with these regs I'd love your feedback.

Well...at least everyone is getting along here! You know, if you want to hide then you got to do a better job! Mistress... how about that dive? Any time after the 11th is good for me. I am off for two weeks after friday. I would love to take one of the shops Atomics out for a test run. Only thing is I already know they will out perform my Cyclones. Dependable, but ease of breathing is not one of their better qualities.
Let me know if you come up with anything. At least if you dissapear again I can come looking for you here!

We ain't hiding. But somebody here is a rat..........

Besides, as I've been saying for 2 weeks now, nobody's done anything wrong anyways.

I can't wait for the new M/Brd. All the topics will be dumped (hopefully) and we'll start over.

Some whiner called and cried about my post to Divemistress2, and it all went down hill from there.

Do you wonder what everyone else reading this is thinking :)

What's wrong with what I said, I keep saying????

Since this is a family board, once again I will have to curb my tongue.

SoScuba, always glad to hear from you. I only knew who you were b/c of your signature! I would love to dive with you this weekend if you're free. Sunday's not so good for me though so if you're free Saturday I'm in.

Did you read this thread before or after the other messageboard?

Why didn't the little scaredy cat whiner challenge us themselves? I feel like I'm in preschool again about to get my knuckles rapped over nothing.

People need to grow up, get over it, and find something better to do with their time than to "spy" on us.

I challenge the "spying rat" to PM me with their issues & I will gladly put you in your place. You should be man (or woman) enough to confront me on my own and not hide behind a LDS.

Back
Top Bottom