Attaching a Name Patch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent!

I have a couple of name patches I want to stick to my Neoprene Drysuit.
I've already stuck one on my wetsuit with great results. I used the glue that came with my drysuit (pictured).
I masked off an area and applied a couple of coats to the suit and one to the patch, I left overnight then applied another coat to both left for 15 mins and put them together. It gripped instantly and is stuck fast.
So now I want to do the same to my drysuit (also Neoprene)
I've brought some AQUASURE but i'm not convinced it's the right thing for the job.
Obviously i don't want to screw it up!
What glue do you guys recommend?
Black Witch?
Aquasure?
Aquaseal?
Pritt Stick?
Cheers!
Paula.
Hello. I try to keep my ego at a very medium level. I don't have to broadcast my name, or toss my certification levels.
If, the name is for Identification/Theft
purposes? I would merely write it on the inside. I'm just another backmount on the boat. (No offense.)
Of, course....If it's a safety issue, or first responder, military scenario.
I would opt to sew it on.
Just a humble thought.
Cheers.

I'm not sure how a name badge is being egotistical to be honest.

It's not....lots of people do it. I just think it was a different perspective is all.

I know Seaskin has the option to have name and country flag put on the suit that you order....I always thought it was pretty cool.

I saw it on Seaskins website and thought it was a good idea. I have a very generic 'off the peg' suit and it's very obvious what sort of person i am because i have a mouth and actions.
I tend to judge on them.

I saw it on Seaskins website and thought it was a good idea. I have a very generic 'off the peg' suit and it's very obvious what sort of person i am because i have a mouth and actions.
I tend to judge on them.

I don't think any offense was meant by the above post...or at least even if it was you shouldn't take it that way. I at least try to take a look at what other people say based on their perspective....doesn't mean I have to agree with it, but I don't let it offend me, lol....

I have a pretty generic drysuit....I think I might add a name tag to it!!!

To be honest is I see the point.
Fair enough. No offence taken.
Cheers.

I'll try and be less sensitive. :giggle:

I'll try and be less sensitive. :giggle:

Easy to do on an internet forum...and then I breathe and think WTF am I getting all wound up for?... then I go enjoy my day!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom