Attaching SPG to Bolt Snap???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the help everyone.

I used the square knot on one side, clove hitch on the other, and then attached the snap...I used a little super glue to secure the knots. I used the glue trick in attaching the bolt snap to my backup light too.

All set for cavern class in a month now :)

OMS has an SPG rubber boot with an eye on either side. Pass some nylon line thru one eye and tie a couple of s knots. Run the other end thru the swivel and tie it off. Leave a couple of inches of line between the two. That way if it hangs on something you can cut it free.

I use a figure 8 snorkel keeper. If necessary, it can be returned to use with my "Oh s%#t, the boat is gone snorkel" affixed to my BP for such emergencies.

cattrax once bubbled...
OMS has an SPG rubber boot with an eye on either side. Pass some nylon line thru one eye and tie a couple of s knots. Run the other end thru the swivel and tie it off. Leave a couple of inches of line between the two. That way if it hangs on something you can cut it free.

My SPG actually came with a rubber boot, but I took it off...I don't really need to get another one :D

Omicron once bubbled...
Okay, I've done some searching through some old threads and can't find a decent answer here...

I'm slowly migrating over to a different style of setting up my diving configuration. H-Valves, two first stages - on my right post is my Drysuit inflator and my primary regulator on a 7' hose. On my left post is my secondary regulator w/ a necklace, my bcd inflator, and my spg (a simple ScubaPro SPG w/out the boot).

So what is a good way of attaching the SPG to the bolt snap??? I tied the bolt snap to the spg hose w/ some cave line but the cave line always loosens up a little and slides up and down the hose. It's kind of annoying. I've thought of just zip-tieing the sucker on there, but I've heard some people say that's not the way to go.

So what the heck is a good method for doing this???? :confused:

Just kinda curious and I'd like to get this little thing taken care of...thanks!

It's all about how you tie the knot.

There's really nice series of pictures on www.frogkick.nl that shows you how.

Click on the menu "Apparatuur" on the left and then look on the right under the heading "tips & tricks" and click on the word "knoop" in the bullet item "Boltsnap knoop maken". You can click on the first picture to get it going and then the arrow to go to the next picture. Pay special attention to what you do with the loose ends.

Good luck.

R..

It looks like they snagged the pictures from this guide:

http://www.diveriteexpress.com/library/boltsnap.shtml

I found this one after rigging up all of my snaps, and I ended up redoing them all using the method shown. Much cleaner looking and much more secure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom