Attractive but Cheap dive watch for woman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasully

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone make me a recommendation on a non-ugly dive watch for a tiny-wristed female? Something durable but not over $100 b/c basically I'm out of money.

I've got a Suunto Vyper 2 computer, but I've been told that for DMing and teaching a dive watch with a second hand is good for doing skills and being able to time stuff. My Suunto tells time, but not seconds.

So again, my qualifications are

1)something that isn't hideous that I could wear as a day-to-day watch and will fit my freakishly small wrists
2) has a second hand or digital seconds.

I don't need anything else, really.

Cheers! :lotsalove:

Hey scubasully:

Try Baby-G watches. They are the female counterparts to the G-Shock. You can get them cheaper on Amazon and maybe Leisure Pro as well, and occasionally can snipe a good deal on eBay.

Baby-G's are tough and cute and I have not ever gone wrong by giving a girl one- Diver or not. Baby-G Pinks are a favorite too. Check out the BGR300-4 which is the last watch in the BG Pink section.

I hope this helps,
Thomas

I bought my wife an Invicta scuba watch years ago - it's similar in appearance to the Rolex Submanriner - and they have these at Sam's Club now.

Sam's Club - Invicta Women's Pro Diver Two-Tone Watch

My wife is quite petite with small wrists as well. I found the one I gave her as a pre-owned watch on eBay years ago, and it's been trouble-free. Just replace the batteries every 3 years or so.

Thanks! Decisions, decisions.

Just curious-- is there such a thing as a woman's dive watch (in any price range) that has a depth meter? I can't find one. I guess our delicate lady wrists don't offer enough room for any additional info, eh?

Hi Scubascully,

Not exactly a dive watch but it works great and is cheap!

Amazon.com: Timex Women's Ironman Triathlon Sleek 50-Lap Resin Strap Watch #T59211: Watches

I take mine down all the time. Water resistant to 300+ ft. Never had any problem with mine & it's been to at least 100. Bonus is 3 alarms for travel, a day/date and 2 time zones for international travel.

If it's ugly check out the blue one ;-)

Enjoy trip prep!

It's not ugly, KathyDee, but there are cuter ones for sure. I kind of like the Freestyle Shark but will probably resist because it matches my kit a bit too closely (I've got the Mares She Dives Kaila BC, a matching wetsuit, the matching reg bag..I'm looking pretty matched out there and that was never my intent in picking gear).

I also like the Momentums - the yellow one is cute and it certainly wouldn't match my kit!

Has anyone used the Freestyle?

It's not ugly, KathyDee, but there are cuter ones for sure. I kind of like the Freestyle Shark but will probably resist because it matches my kit a bit too closely (I've got the Mares She Dives Kaila BC, a matching wetsuit, the matching reg bag..I'm looking pretty matched out there and that was never my intent in picking gear).

I also like the Momentums - the yellow one is cute and it certainly wouldn't match my kit!

Has anyone used the Freestyle?

No on the Freestyle, but I've had two Momentum's and had good luck with them. Although, just one word of warning. My first one was lavendar, and came with a clear silicon strap. My cat ate it (the strap). So, I ordered replacements, in black rubber and in stainless steel. They now fit with my new (blue) Monmentum.

Thanks! Decisions, decisions.

Just curious-- is there such a thing as a woman's dive watch (in any price range) that has a depth meter? I can't find one. I guess our delicate lady wrists don't offer enough room for any additional info, eh?

If your price ceiling is $100, I don't think you'll find that feature unless you get pretty lucky on finding a piece of pre-owned equipment that someone needs to sell quickly.

Without your $100 price ceiling, I think a number of the smaller display wristwatch styles would fit a narrow wrist quite well. The first such model that comes to mind is the Scubapro Xtender dive computer which in Japan, is offered in numerous styles undoubtably for fashion reasons. The 'Blue Ice' variant was marketed in the Western Hemisphere at one time specifically aimed at a female onsumer. The Scubapro DEX model is also likely to work well on small wrists.

SCUBAPRO UWATEC JAPAN 2009

There's some discussion on the Scuba Toys forum on this topic, maybe you can find a US store with remaining stock in Blue Ice or white version at a good discount. Maybe see what Leisure Pro still has in stock, and watch sites like eBay for opportunities.

Scubapro Xtender (Ice blue for ladies) - Scuba Forum - Scuba Diving Forums and Discussion Board

Beyond that, there are numerous newer versions of wristwatch style dive coputers with more fashionable aesthetics these days. The Cressi Sub Edy is one model that comes to mind - but it would be a hunt to find one for under $100 unless it's pre-owned.

Cressi Sub Edy Watch Computer FREE SHIPPING at Divers-Supply.com

There's always a price for fashion

edit - I found an older thread here on SB on this topic

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/computers-gauges-watches-analyzers/50315-scubapro-xtender.html

and an ad with writeup from the UK on the Ladies Blue Ice Xtender

http://www.andark.co.uk/site/store/manufacturer60/productSC730200/default.aspx

hijack

A Leonard Cohen quote on SB... very cool! :wink:

/hijack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom