Average price for a 2-tank dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I have a season pass at the quarry, so two dives is the cost of the air fills. :D

Last time in the Florida Keys, I think I was paying $75-85 for a 2 tank dive including fuel surcharges. That's been over a year. These boats generally have water and often some sort of snack, like fresh pineapple.

In Tobermory, I think we might have paid as little as $65 and as much as $95 depending on how far out we went. This price does not include air or tanks, so we were probably adding $14 for two fills. I don't recall the boat providing anything. This made the dives more expensive than the Keys, even without factoring in any funny math because we provided our own tanks.

Elsewhere (Lake Erie, NC, other Florida saltwater locations) the rates have seemed about the same, but I'm only pricing trips and not taking them. :(

Up here (Alaska), a 2 tank dive will cost $150. If memory serves me correctly, that does NOT include tanks or lead - and it definitely doesn't include anything else you need to rent.

In Japan (Izu) a guided two tank dive from a boat seems to cost around 150 USD during the summer weekends.

Kona, Hawaii: basic 2 tank boat day dive
somewhere around $110 - 125 + tax I think
included: tanks, weights, great diving and generally I think water, a SI sandwich, gear rinse.

In Cozumel two tanks cost from $60 - $80, depending on the amenities offered, with a third tank often available for about $10.00. I've found the Cayman Islands to be the most costly at $100+ for a two tank dive. Other Carribean Islands, Saba, Antigua, BVI, and Dominica average $85-$100 for 2 tanks, though the Operator I use in Saba offers free EAN-32 for the price.

In most cases, discounts or free dives are available if you sign up for multiple dives.

Here in the Philippines, depending on location, the average would be aroud USD45 to USD55 for a two-tank dive including boat, lunch and DM/guide. I think one of the most affordable diving locations with world class diving - warm water, coral reefs, pelagics.

Jeju Island, Korea = 100,000 won

Great Lakes USA = I paid $150, not sure what is "average"

Greece = about 40 euros

Key Largo = $100

What is the average charge for a two tank dive trip? I realize that answers might vary considerably, so if possible, also let me know by geographical region.
Off the NC coast, $90-105 for wrecks closer in (i.e. up to a 1.5 hr boat ride to the site), up to $145 for more distant wrecks (i.e. a 2 hr or 2+ hr ride). Generally, the more distant sites are a bit deeper (>100 ft) than the closer wrecks. The higher price reflects both more fuel, as well as longer time out (possibly including a longer SI between dives), which may be the difference between a 'half-day' (which may allow two charters during the day) and a 'full-day' trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom