awesome light i just bought...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

California Diver:
if you call him during normal business hours he will answer the phone. he may have been accused but after inspecting the lighthead and canister there are manufactural differences between his and halcyons. and if they want my light for evidence id glady give it to them. when i talked to him he seemed to be a very nice guy. ease up on him.
apparently theres another barry miller in florida. because hes not in jail people!

California Diver:
ease up on him.
No one is being hard on him...They just recommend waiting until the dust settles. Personally, I was looking at his 18W light...with the exchange and whatnot...its great deal.

Boogie711:
Only if "acrimonious" includes posession of stolen goods.

I'd say more like "felonious."
Dude,

No-one really knows any facts at this stage except Barry Miller (apparently unable to provide comment at this time), those making the allegations, and the involved authorities. Why doesn't everyone just sit back, acknowledge that it's happened, and wait for an "official" outcome. I've heard and read several variations of the story and none are worth repeating simply because they're rumour not fact, but I agree with jonnythan that there's versions that would suggest it's not simply a case of theft at the heart of the matter. The only fact is that that a warrant was issued, and the guy has been arrested. Unless anyone has anything else to offer, that's the only "public record" on the subject apart from accusations on internet forums.

Even if the guy turns out to be a stinking ratbag thief, I believe the saying is "innocent until proven guilty"?

eveyone else is free to form other ideas...

Scubaroo:
Dude,

Even if the guy turns out to be a stinking ratbag thief, I believe the saying is "innocent until proven guilty"?

Scubaroo:
Dude,

No-one really knows any facts at this stage except Barry Miller (apparently unable to provide comment at this time), those making the allegations, and the involved authorities. Why doesn't everyone just sit back, acknowledge that it's happened, and wait for an "official" outcome. I've heard and read several variations of the story and none are worth repeating simply because they're rumour not fact, but I agree with jonnythan that there's versions that would suggest it's not simply a case of theft at the heart of the matter. The only fact is that that a warrant was issued, and the guy has been arrested. Unless anyone has anything else to offer, that's the only "public record" on the subject apart from accusations on internet forums.

Ben - I agree with you. And if a moderator hadn't removed several of my posts from this thread (without any notification or private message sent my way) everyone would have been able to see me vigorously defend the public legal process. :icorolley

Randy43068:
only in court....eveyone else is free to form other ideas...
Sad, sad, sad....like Sheryl Crow said...
I've got one thing to confess,
we try our criminals in the press,
justice is a fading light

Hey Boogie, I think that was another thread that was in the Tech Forum, but as you said, it is gone now.

Jason

Them mean ol' moderators! Always moving them mean ol' posts and threads! It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

As for defending/accusing there seems to be multiple agendas represented in the Barry Miller threads. We are not going to allow people to flame him or his adversaries on this board. If your post (or thread) was removed we humbly feel that you (or the entire thread) simply crossed the "flame" line. You can continue to whine about it or try to not be so stinking mean in your posts. It's really your choice.

When a whole thread is removed only the initial poster will get a message and that's only IF we have the time to do it. If multiple posts from multiple users are cut out of a thread late at night, I expect my moderators to get some sleep. It's a huge board, and with over a thousand posts per day it takes considerable time to moderate it. It's times like these when we appreciate "low maintenance" users.

Are we perfect? By no means, but by our continued growth it appears that we are doing something right. It's hard to appreciate the magnitude of what we are doing here without actually hosting and moderating a site of this size. That we do it on such a shoe string budget means that we can not afford to "hire" full time mods that we can "hold accountable" for each and every decision. As it is, our Volunteer Mod Squad does a phenomenal job which most people appreciate. I did mention them in my Thanksgiving Prayer yesterday as they are a true God send. I could not do this all by myself, and really appreciate the camaraderie, support, and counseling that I get from each and every one of them. They rock!

Of course, if you are not completely satisfied you can always ask for a complete refund at any time. I will be glad to give it to you, no questions asked. There are lots of boards out there with varying amounts of moderation and I am sure you belong to a few. Many of those boards are spin offs from this one and fill a unique niche. Heck, I belong to a few of them myself, and appreciate the time and effort they put into their sites and into providing such great information. In the event that we cannot satisfy your expectations, I am sure that they would appreciate your patronage.

For your convenience, you may find our Terms of Service just by clicking on the link. It is also available on every page through the "ScubaBoard" drop down menu near the top left. In it you will find that we do not allow flaming of others for any reason. Again, are we perfect? By no means, but we do try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom