awesome light i just bought...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pete, when my position gets twisted around due to either laziness or negligence, I have a right to be upset. Realistically, you wouldn't act any differently.

Have yourself a most lovely day.

Realistically, you wouldn't act any differently.
Hmnnn, now how would you know how I would act? If my past history is any clue, I have yet to publicly complain on someone else's board. I prefer PMs and quietly asking them why something has happened. It's less confrontational that way, and shows courtesy to the owner/staff and things almost always get resolved without hard feelings. Moreover, I usually give the site and staff the benefit of the doubt since I am a guest there. There is usually more to be seen behind the scenes.

I'ts more fun to bash they guy when he's not here to defend himself!
:eyebrow:

Relax...

Scubaroo:
Dude,

No-one really knows any facts at this stage except Barry Miller (apparently unable to provide comment at this time), those making the allegations, and the involved authorities. Why doesn't everyone just sit back, acknowledge that it's happened, and wait for an "official" outcome. I've heard and read several variations of the story and none are worth repeating simply because they're rumour not fact, but I agree with jonnythan that there's versions that would suggest it's not simply a case of theft at the heart of the matter. The only fact is that that a warrant was issued, and the guy has been arrested. Unless anyone has anything else to offer, that's the only "public record" on the subject apart from accusations on internet forums.

Even if the guy turns out to be a stinking ratbag thief, I believe the saying is "innocent until proven guilty"?

Pete - fair is fair, and I'm man enough to apologize when I screw up. If I'm going to call you guys out in public, I'll apologize publicly as well.

Kim just emailed me and Jason B is correct, it wasn't this thread that was deleted, but a different thread entirely. I confused the two. Scubaboard policy was maintained - I wasn't the originator of that thread but merely a respondent.

Pete (and the rest of the Mods) - please accept my apologies for assuming the worst.

[sarcasm]
And now that we're done bashing moderators and each other, shall we get back to bashing the poor fellow (felon?) who makes the wonderful lights?
[/sarcasm]

Apologies in advance if anyone takes my sarcasm amiss ... I flooded my Helios 9 today, and fried the battery. I just needed to vent ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Boogie,

apology accepted. I just receive so much flak at times when we are truly trying to run a decent board. Let's move on.

I did remove a second post in this thread asking everyone to go to Karl's site and talk about this issue there. I feel that the first request was MORE than enough and that subsequent requests border on spam. I don't recruit members from other boards, and I don't expect my users to be continually recruited for other boards while here.

As it is, this board has MANY ties to the caving community and we are not interested in burning bridges or flaming others in the interest of "free speech". Instead, we would want our users to discuss things RESPONSIBLY instead of merely making accusations and counter accusations. Many use “Free Speech” as a license to harass, intimidate and flame. It would be better if they exercised their right to “Free Intelligent Thought” a bit more often. :D

no that thats all said and done, head to his sight and check him out

NetDoc:
I did remove a second post in this thread asking everyone to go to Karl's site and talk about this issue there. I feel that the first request was MORE than enough and that subsequent requests border on spam. I don't recruit members from other boards, and I don't expect my users to be continually recruited for other boards while here.

As it is, this board has MANY ties to the caving community and we are not interested in burning bridges or flaming others in the interest of "free speech". Instead, we would want our users to discuss things RESPONSIBLY instead of merely making accusations and counter accusations. Many use “Free Speech” as a license to harass, intimidate and flame. It would be better if they exercised their right to “Free Intelligent Thought” a bit more often. :D

That would be my post that you pulled and i appreciate you sending a pm notifying me why it was pulled although i dont agree with your reasons.

But to clear the air i never asked anyone to go to Karls site to discuss it there. I merely posted that their was some interesting discussion going on over there about this particular subject and nothing else. Please do not put words in my mouth and accuse me of spamming which was in no way my intention. If i was pushing his site in several different threads through out the board then i could see your concern. I just merely wanted to point out that there had been some updates and to consider everything as internet rumor till the cold hard facts come out.

Pete I am very familiar with Karl and your issues with him. I am not one of his big fans pushing his board to the scubaboard crowd if thats what you are worried about. I was merely passing on some info that others seem very interested in including myself on this particular subject and thats it. I have never mentioned Karl or his board in any other threads since he parted ways. I am very aware of the politics of this board and knew such a discussion would not be allowed here as so over at the decostop.

You may not recruit others to your board but i do occasionally direct people this way as it is a great board along with a few others out there. Each board has its strong point and weak points but i enjoy all of the ones i visit often. Also reviewing the last line in your first paragraph their are several members(with at least one being a former SB moderator) with other board sites listed in their signature line but i dont see them being accused of spamming when they post two or more times in the same thread.

Your first link to his forum remains intact.

BTW, we encourage people to put links to their favorite sites or businesses in their sig lines. It helps to know where there allegiences lie. :D

NetDoc:
Your first link to his forum remains intact.

BTW, we encourage people to put links to their favorite sites or businesses in their sig lines. It helps to know where there allegiences lie. :D

Well the unmentionable forum is by far not my favorite so i wont post it in my signature line :D What was the topic again now??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom