Bad Experience Divers Unlimited Norfolk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I keep a file with all my SCUBA gear purchase receipts in it. When I go to have my regs serviced, I take the receipt for purchase and the receipt for the last annual service so I can prove I rate free parts with my service.

Saves time and tempers when I pick them up. Keeps the LDS happier because it avoids a confrontation on both ends.

They're out of business today due to the online sales guys.

But seriously, we only see the tip of the iceberg here. You'd think that all shops doing warranty repair would simply have a little sign that says "We'll service it. If the company validates the warranty, then it's free, otherwise you pay. Bring a valid warranty card to ensure warranty service." That would seem to outline the responsibilities completely.

So, it's now "tomorrow".

You said they would check "tomorrow" and then you would know.

What did you find out today ? (...which from yesterday's post is now tomorrow)

It is now "tomorrow" and no call from them or sign of the money being credited to my account. It looks like this is going to be like getting milk from a bull. After the holiday I will look into contacting Mares but from what I have found so far their contact information is not posted on the website.

It is now "tomorrow" and no call from them or sign of the money being credited to my account. It looks like this is going to be like getting milk from a bull. After the holiday I will look into contacting Mares but from what I have found so far their contact information is not posted on the website.

And have you considered giving them a call- seeing what they have to say after they promised to look into it?

(Credits take some time to appear, sometimes several days later) When you left the shop, from what I could discern from your post- you left only knowing if their research indicated a credit, then they would do so.

If you didn't arrange to have them call you to tell you their decision, maybe you ought to give them a buzz.

And have you considered giving them a call- seeing what they have to say after they promised to look into it?

(Credits take some time to appear, sometimes several days later) When you left the shop, from what I could discern from your post- you left only knowing if their research indicated a credit, then they would do so.

If you didn't arrange to have them call you to tell you their decision, maybe you ought to give them a buzz.

The owner's wife who was on site during the incident advised that she would credit the account after the service person reached out to Mares. At this point I didn't get the impression that he was in a rush to do it. I will check with them on the start of next week before I take the next step and go to Mares. Between work and school today I just couldn't find the time in my schedule.

With all the stress you're going through...save your dime and move on to the other LDS. Chances are that this LDS has already blown it's chances to have you as a happy customer.

With all the stress you're going through...save your dime and move on to the other LDS. Chances are that this LDS has already blown it's chances to have you as a happy customer.

Looks like you have me figured out all that it takes is one negative experience to take a promoter and turn them into a detractor. I hold high expectations when it comes to customer service from my work related training. I feel that this wouldn't have been as negative if the service tech would have came out of hiding and had a face to face conversation along with them setting a more accurate expectation.

LDS' don't like folks buying things online. They're already unhappy with you. Making a huge purchase from them might be the only way to have them forgive you and treat you the way you'd like. Is it worth it? only you know.

LDS' don't like folks buying things online. They're already unhappy with you. Making a huge purchase from them might be the only way to have them forgive you and treat you the way you'd like. Is it worth it? only you know.

Err, why should the OP be seeking "forgiveness" from a dive shop for buying elsewhere?

I am in no way looking to have the dealer forgive me for purchasing online. I as a consumer have the right to purchase my equipment anywhere I choose and it shouldn't matter to them. They should be happy with the fact that I use them for service and training. There are at least 4 other dealers in my area, AKA competition.

Back
Top Bottom