Barbados and Passport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
I was wondering since Barbados is in our top 5 choices of where we might end up this winter on vacation, if You need a passport to enter the Island??

I copied this from www.Barbados.com

Entry requirements
US and Canadian citizens are not required to present a passport but will need to show a proof of citizenship (Birth certificate and a photo i.d.) along with their return airline ticket or continuation to another island.
Departure tax: $25.00 Bajun Dollars per person

Natasha once bubbled...
I copied this from www.Barbados.com

Entry requirements
US and Canadian citizens are not required to present a passport but will need to show a proof of citizenship (Birth certificate and a photo i.d.) along with their return airline ticket or continuation to another island.
Departure tax: $25.00 Bajun Dollars per person

A passport works, too - especially for getting one back into the USA. Also check with the airlines to determine their ID/citizenship requirements.

I don't understand why anyone who travels internationally doesn't travel with a passport.

Natasha once bubbled...
I have been to Barbados twice. Let me know if I can help in other ways.
Also check out www.Barbados.org

Thanks Natasha for the link. I have been to Cozumel twice and love above and below the surface, what was your thoughts on Barbados because we are seriously considering going this year?

I visit Barbados every November and would strongly urge you enter the country with a passport. I realize a passport isn't a strict requirement for Canadians entering Barbados, but some of their customs agents appear to be unaware of this!!

regards; jbm

Rooster1 once bubbled...
... what was your thoughts on Barbados because we are seriously considering going this year?

A guy after my own heart. I love Barbados. I had planned to go down to my time-share (even was taking a few friends this time), but when we inquired about the airfare OUCH - a bit high for all of us who have already committed fund to other trips. It will wait until next year.:(

I can recommend dive shops, tours, restaurants, and things to do.... drop a PM and I'll give you info on my favourites (can even share some of my u/w pics if you're interested).

Need more friends to come along?? I would be happy to carry your camera for you!! You guys have gotten my interest up and I know nothing about the place. How does Barbados compair to the Bahamas and Bonaire? Lots of pesky street vendors like Freeport, Bahama? Or are you taking your life in your own hands like Jamacia? How about the cost of food and is it safe to drink the water? ...Just what I need, another place I want to go.

herman once bubbled...
Need more friends to come along?? I would be happy to carry your camera for you!! You guys have gotten my interest up and I know nothing about the place. How does Barbados compair to the Bahamas and Bonaire? Lots of pesky street vendors like Freeport, Bahama? Or are you taking your life in your own hands like Jamacia? How about the cost of food and is it safe to drink the water? ...Just what I need, another place I want to go.

The ship I was on last contract went there once a week. I enjoyed diving there....the visibility wasn't stupendous (wasn’t bad….but compared to some other islands, it wasn’t amazing), but I hear it gets better seasonally (don't know when the best time is though, we were there in late spring at the end of their season). There's some fun wrecks...the biggest one being the Stavornikita <sp?>...it's a big Russian freighter....very cool!

I like the island in general, didn't feel near as harrassed as I do on some islands. Often walked around by myself with no issues, drank the water, enjoyed the restaurants....which are pretty reasonably priced. Their one thing that is unusual is that you can't wear camouflage (or any military style clothing) at all.....the Police will stop you, no kidding. We had notices posted all over the crew bulletin boards about this....they weren't playing.

Peace,
Cathie

Back
Top Bottom