Bathing suit ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jules, I am also a D-cup, and need a larger top than bottom. Land's End has a section of swimwear in separates that fits the bill. They are kind of expensive, but well worth it. I love the tankini, for reasons already mentioned by others, especially ease in bathroom trips. You don't have to take the whole thing down and bare all in not so private bathhouses. The one I got has a high neck and soft cups. I just cannot wear shelf bra types. Try Land's End web site, and good hunting! I also found a waist length bra top from Moving Comfort at http://www.athleta.com that is made especially for D-cups, and quite supportive. I bought some sew in soft cups to put in it so it hides more to wear as a swimsuit top, with some nylon running shorts that have a coolmax liner. Sometimes I just feel like wearing these shorts in the water. You could also wear it with any two piece bottoms. You don't necessarily need the sew in cups, but I don't like my nipples to show when wet.

Hey Jules...

Just an idea... I have seen men wearing a thin dive skin type of fabric pull over shirt. I was wondering if something like this might work... you could still where the bikini of your choice, but add the dive skin shirt just before donning the wet suit. It seems like it would give you minimal extra warmth, but would buy you a little time and a slightly easier dis-robing process.

Good luck.

Liz

Hi There Lady,

Good call!

I believe the shirt you are refering to is known in the surfing community as a "rash guard". The surfers usually wear them when the water is too warm for a wetsuit to protect their chest and upper arms from getting chewed up by the surf boards.

I never thought about just using the rash guard but it sure seems like a very good suggestion.

Thanks Ladycute1.

I have been reading this thread since it started, and I tell you this.

This is better that "Sports Illustrated" Swimsuit Issue.

A guy with a visual mind such as I have, all sorts of images appear!

Keep up the good work ladies.

ID....the cyber voyer

That lizard is always hanging around. Can't a girl have any privacy? LOL Don!

LOL, you guys crack me up. I must say, it's been a while since anyone referred to anything involve me *and* the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue in teh same sentence. What an ego booster!

Julie

Plus my wife is also 'well-endowed' in chest area...and has been looking for a new sports bra. The link provided above to http://www.athleta.com was just what she was looking for. Thanks!!

See there? I didn't think of it the way you did, JustJules. I should have taken that as a compliment too. No one would ever look at me and think "Swimsuit Edition". LOL.

I'm also happy my link to athleta has been helpful to someone. This site always has info to help me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom